rtorrent Docker container can't download

• One of the major uses for my server is as a seedbox for a few thousand torrents to multiple trackers. I've always heard rtorrent is better for this number of torrents than Transmission, so I installed it in a Docker container, and all seemed well. When a .torrent file is added to my watch folder, the torrent is visible in the web GUI. The number of seed/peers fluctuates and indicates that I am connected to a number of them, but no data is ever downloaded. I am using Ubuntu distro torrents and there are definitely enough seeders; I can download them using Transmission and then they do begin to seed back to new leechers.

Thinking maybe I had just screwed up the setup of the container, I tried a different one, with exactly the same results. What am I overlooking? The one thing I'm not 100% certain on is the PID and GID requirement. I've used the numbers from the only non-system user on my system (the only one I've created personally). Is there a Docker-installed system user that I should be using instead?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!