Backup plugin

• Hi guys. I just went ahead and re-did a backup to the new share, but the file was not the same size as the first one I did. I also wanted to go ahead and delete the old backup from the first share I tested on, but I can't delete these files/folders for the life of me. I know I have the rights and I have change the acl to make sure the file rights get changed as well, but it's just not working. I also tried deleting the new backup and of course I can't delete that one either. Any help on deleting these is greatly appreciated. I just want to start over since I did muck around with the rights before.

• Offizieller Beitrag

A lot of system files are owned by root with tight permissions. You aren't going to be able to delete those via samba even with ACLs and permissions. Either use the command line (rm -rfv /media/LONG_UUID/omvbackup) or winscp or something where you are logged in as root. If you change the permissions of the backed up files, you are going to corrupt your backup as well.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• A lot of system files are owned by root with tight permissions. You aren't going to be able to delete those via samba even with ACLs and permissions. Either use the command line (rm -rfv /media/LONG_UUID/omvbackup) or winscp or something where you are logged in as root. If you change the permissions of the backed up files, you are going to corrupt your backup as well.

Okay thanks. I guess that's what happened so far. I'll check out winscp and you're right the root permissions keep throwing me off. What is the correct line to ssh into the nas? I've been trying to ssh and can't get through from a terminal. I have enabled it and forwarded the port.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the correct line to ssh into the nas?

What program are you trying to ssh into the machine with?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I was just trying to use a terminal in ubuntu mate which is what I had on this old computer that I'm using until I can get my parts for the new one. Anyway I just used filezilla sftp since I did installed it. That lets me login, but can't for the life of me figure out why the terminal isn't working. I keep getting the could not resolve host. And I think I just deleted the omvbackup share instead of just the contents in it. Crap. Not a big deal, but I need to name things a bit different so I can tell the difference since the backup and the share had the same name for whatever reason. Well I'm glad I made that mistake with my own folder that I can delete and make again.

Okay, never mind, I didn't delete that. I chose the right folder at the bottom quadrant. So it did only take that folder. :) Well I'm glad I did log in with root since I couldn't remember the correct password either. I do have it written down but since i don't login with that you kind of forget.

• why is the clonezilla option gone from the backups plugin

In OMV3 it is located in "omv-extras -> kernel" tab.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

why is the clonezilla option gone from the backups plugin? it worked nicely and was east to use.
    is it still available for omv 3.x ?

I wanted the ISO related stuff with the grub menu stuff which is in omv-extras. It works the same in omv-extras.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Kernel tab disappears... I guess it is kernel related yet unsupported feature?

That tab has configuration items for grub and booting from ISOs. Neither of these work on ARM boards like your banana pi.

Or should I be able to get Kernel tab and Clonezilla running on Banana Pi?

Nope. Clonezilla doesn't work on ARM boards.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!