Upgrade issue from 1.X to 3.X

• Hey guys,
    I am facing various issues after a successfully upgrade of OMV from Kralizec to Erasmus (at least the system told me that when the installation has finished!). The issues are:

- GUI reachable from IP but there is no login prompt at all
    - NAS reachable from the network but there is not any share folder inside or if there is any it seems it does not exist anymore (from linux and from windows)
    - I got a PHP error when I tried to input a command for GUI related issues found on this site (I do not remember which)
    - During every boot I got strange message "a start job is running on for dev-disk..." that last about 1.30 minutes
    - I got some errors in mdadm configuration file but I never fixed them since the death of an HDD long time ago, all things has worked fine anyway till now

I tried also to input those commands:
    apt-get purge openmediavault
    REBOOT
    apt-get install openmediavault

Without luck. Please consider that I have jumped from Kralizec to Stoneburner, did a full upgrade and then to Erasmus without reboot and without testing if the first upgrade (to Stoneburner) was ok (yes, that is my fault || ).

Any ideas on how I can fix that situation? Can you help me? Thank you!

• LOL Nibb31 :D
    I red some similar statements about tricky migration from 2 to 3... why I did not go to sleep last night instead of try upgrade OMV?

@Wolf2000
    Hi,
    my output for dpkg -l | grep openmediavault is:
    ii openmediavault 3.0.87 all Open network attached solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenmediaVault archive

for uname -a is:
    Linux NAS 3.16.0-4-586 #1 Debian 3.16.43-2+deb8u2 (2017-06-26) i686 GNU/Linux

• Yes I have an old 32 bit system, during the upgrade the system told me that it has automatically detected the 32 bit environment... great! I saw just now on Distrowatch that the 32 bit support is active till version 2.1, what a mistake!
    Do you think that I can rollback now?

By the way, thanks a lot for the hint...

• Offizieller Beitrag

32 bit support is active till version 2.1

OMV 3.x still supports 32 bit as well. There just isn't an ISO to install it. You can install Debian Jessie 32 bit first and then follow one of the many posts on how to install OMV on Debian.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Nice to know, thanks! I will give it a try, in the past I did the installation of OMV on an USB pendrive so I assume that none of my data is lost. Maybe I will have some troubles to rebuild the RAID but... I will see.
    Good tip ryecoaaron thanks, I do not want change my nas OS.

• @ryecoaaron
    I did a fresh installation like I said in the previous post but I tried to fix the old installation of OMV too and I found that it is not a problem of 32/64 bit architecture (because the system has recognized automatically the correct repositories). I can access to an updated OMV and I still have my old configuration so I can say the update was a success but I still do not know why my system cannot access to OMV last day.
    Now I have to work to make my shares available again and fix the "problems" with the startup job and mdadm but I have a good starting point now.

• Hi all, just to take a end the story:

- GUI reachable from IP but there is no login prompt at all
    FIX: make sure to do an update/upgrade and -f install to install missing dependencies plus verify correct installation/configuration of ngix package and apache (with the apache service stopped)
    - NAS reachable from the network but there is not any share folder inside or if there is any it seems it does not exist anymore (from linux and from windows)
    FIX: if the system still has your old configuration, try to create a fake share. The system automatically find the others (it worked for me)
    - I got a PHP error when I tried to input a command for GUI related issues found on this site (I do not remember which)
    FIX: disappear without fix (I think it was related with the ngix/apache problems)
    - During every boot I got strange message "a start job is running on for dev-disk..." that last about 1.30 minutes
    FIX: swap related issue. If some disks' configuration has changed, hardware disks change or you have a dirty old configuration never fixed you can encounter this problem. Just destroy and recreate swap area with the same UUID and with the same "sdx" ID
    - I got some errors in mdadm configuration file but I never fixed them since the death of an HDD long time ago, all things has worked fine
    anyway till now
    FIX: it is a known issue that can appear after an update, it is not a problem if you do not use RAID and can be ignored or, if you do not want to see this message at every boot you can create a fake array entry

Thank you for support and nice work with OMV :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!