Don't list devices on "Shared Folders" menu, armbian+cubieboard 2 with Sata HDD

• Hi guys!

I just "finish" my installation of armbian with sata hdd and sdcard on a cubieboard 2

the system boots from sdcard and mount on HDD, nothing is running on nand:

In web-gui, sdcard and sda are mounted:

but when i try to add a Shared Folder, the "Device" appears the message loading but no list appears, i've tried on chrome and firefox thinking this can be some browser issue but no luck..

So, can anyone help me? i'm really lost for now... there is a cli command to add a shared folder to omv?

Best regards,
    sbo

• @sbo

I had the same problem on a fresh installed virtual machine.

I thought (still think, but see below) it is a good idea to mount the "shared" folder to my OMV-install and mounted it to /srv/vbox_shared

This is were the trouble began. For reasons I think I understand after reading this forum OMV does not put shared folders on the system partition but on an attached device.

So I created a /dev/sdb and mounted /dev/sdb1 to /srv/nas_storage
    I even could mount it in the admin-web but not unmount it ...

Still no device list ...

After looking at the source (did not find what I was looking for ...) I got the idea that /srv is holy to OMV.
    So I pruned my fstab, removed everything (mountpoints) that existed in /srv, mounted sdb1 in "File systems" and voilá:

and then:

Code
    root@openmediavault:/# ls -l /srv
    insgesamt 8
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    4096 Aug 22 14:40 dev-disk-by-label-nasstorage

What I did before manually ...

short version: Don't mess with /srv, let OMV do the job!

look at line 7 and 16

I will find a solution for the virtualbox shared folder ...

• Hi guys, thanks for the help!

The 'nand' device file is not listed because OMV does not know about it. Can you provide some information please.

# cat /proc/mtd
    # cat /proc/partitions
    # blkid

Maybe you could open a feature report at https://bugtracker.openmediavault.org.

@votdev, o don't have the "blkid" command:

i don't want to use the nand memory, it will degrade with time, it's not reliable, also it is slow and small.

let me see if i get it right.. i will create a folder on sda1 and mount it as a /dev/something?

look at my fstab:

Code
    cat /etc/fstab 
    # /dev/sda1 / ext4 defaults,noatime,nodiratime,commit=600,errors=remount-ro 0 1
    UUID=f28ac2af-a8a2-4c5e-baf3-ffc33887d23a / ext4 defaults,noatime,nodiratime,com                 mit=600,errors=remount-ro 0 1
    /var/swap none swap sw 0 0
    UUID=e62dec98-9ef5-45c1-b11c-a465fb2b9799        /media/mmc   ext4    defaults                         0       0
    /media/mmc/boot   /boot   none    bind        0       0
    tmpfs           /tmp            tmpfs   defaults        0       0

i didnt mount the sda on /srv, i have to mount as "/" because i dont run the system on sdcard, i run over hdd, just use the sdcard to boot the hdd.

maybe i have to create a new partition just to do that? then i will mount it as /srv ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!