Mount existing BTRFS filesystems

• Hi All,

So, I've installed OMV3 from scratch and now I'm running into this problem: I've already had 2 BTRFS filesystems, each with 2 drives. One of them was a pool the other a mirror.
    After the OMV3 installation, I'm trying to mount the 2 filesystems, but they don't even show up in the Filesystems window. The window just hangs and eventually errors with "communication failure" (without any other details).
    If I ssh onto the server and run "btrfs filesystem show", it's all there.

If I run "htop" while accessing the Filesystem window, I see some "brtfs fi show" hanging ...

If I manually mount the drives, they work. But if I reboot, the mount points are gone :)

I'm not sure where I can take it from here. I'd appreciate some help!

Thank you All!

• I think I've found the solution.

This is what I've done:
    1) manually mount one of the drives in the raid (/dev/sdb) and one of the drives from the pool (/dev/sda)
    2) At this point, the Filesystems page on the OMV web-app works.
    3) using that page, mount the other 2 drives.
    4) reboot.

At this point, the mount points I've manually done dissappear and the ones I've done using the web-app remain and are clear.
    And everything works!

Hooraaaaaay!!!!

• Same issue hier. Large BTRFS filesystem on mdam RAID with LVM ended up in timeout / communication error of web gui. What helped in my case is the installation of LVM plugin. That seemed to be required anyway as I could not create any samba shares based on a manual mountpoint.

OMV 3.0.94

Hardware:
    ASRock N3700-ITX
    1x4GB DDR3-1600 SO-DIMM
    2x4000GB WD Red and 2x4000GB WD Green in mdadm RAID5
    16 GB Mach Xtreme Technology Ultra MX-ES USB 3.0 as root
    Fractal Design Node 304 with PicoPSU

Edited once, last by Flachzange: missing word ().

• I have the same issue.
    Have you found a solution?

I was able to mount one drive on cli, but the thing with mounting the other in gui does not work.
    Unfortunatly i always get errors when trying to commit a change now.

Bash
    Fehler #0: 
    exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/sdb' 2>&1' with exit code '32':
    mount: /dev/sdb is already mounted or /srv/dev-disk-by-label-files busy' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(720): OMV\System\Process->execute() #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(874): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem->mount() #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array) #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1) #6 {main}
  • Did you install lvm plugin or any other plugin that might be required in order to mount your filesystem? In my case it was a lvm filesystem and omv could not read it without the plugin.

OMV 3.0.94

Hardware:
    ASRock N3700-ITX
    1x4GB DDR3-1600 SO-DIMM
    2x4000GB WD Red and 2x4000GB WD Green in mdadm RAID5
    16 GB Mach Xtreme Technology Ultra MX-ES USB 3.0 as root
    Fractal Design Node 304 with PicoPSU

• yes, but it did not help.
    It was still the same.

As it is not really a productive environment, i will try to upgrade to 4.0.
    Perhaps my btrfs is to new or something ...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!