UPS, configuration backup and docker backup help

• Hello! In the past days I was able to create my own NAS using a motherboard and CPU I had and I installed OMV 3 without any problem.
    I'm still testing things out and if everything works as I want I will probably upgrade my configuration in a few months.

I have some doubts and I hope someone is able to help me clear my doubts.

1) UPS
    I have a TRUST 1000 VA (https://www.trust.com/en/product/17680-oxxtron-1000va-ups) and I connected it to the NAS with USB.
    I can't figure out in OMV how to set that the system has to shutdown when the battery is reaching low. I installed the plugin called openmediavault-nut 3.2.12 but I really don't know how to make it work.

2) CONFIGURATION BACKUP
    Is there a way to backup the OMV configuration (filesystems, shared folders, plugins installed and so on) so that if one day I'll reinstall I will have already most of the work done?

3) PLEX DOCKER BACKUP
    I'm using the linuxserver.io docker container for the Plex Media Server.
    I see that I can "commit". Does it mean that it will create a new docker image with the setting I'm using (variables, folders) and so if I run that image I will basically have the same PMS server I have now?
    Is there a way to keep this image if I reinstall OMV so that I don't have to start from scratch?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 1) UPS
    I have a TRUST 1000 VA (trust.com/en/product/17680-oxxtron-1000va-ups) and I connected it to the NAS with USB.
    I can't figure out in OMV how to set that the system has to shutdown when the battery is reaching low. I installed the plugin called openmediavault-nut 3.2.12 but I really don't know how to make it work.

2) CONFIGURATION BACKUP
    Is there a way to backup the OMV configuration (filesystems, shared folders, plugins installed and so on) so that if one day I'll reinstall I will have already most of the work done?

There are a lot of threads here in the forum regarding this topics. Please use the forum search.

1) A very common configuration for USB is:
    driver = usbhid-ups
    port = auto

More information here: http://networkupstools.org/
    One important point: The UPS must be connected and powered on when the plugin configuration is done.

I can't figure out in OMV how to set that the system has to shutdown when the battery is reaching low.

Set the "shutdown mode" to "UPS reaches low battery".

2) Clonezilla (System -> omv-extras -> Kernel)
    You have to install omv-extras before.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• I have a TRUST 1000 VA (trust.com/en/product/17680-oxxtron-1000va-ups) and I connected it to the NAS with USB.

This link leads to an UPS without an USB connector. On the pictures I can´t see any USB or serial connection? Are you sure that this is the link to the correct device?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Yes you're right, the one I own is the 1300 VA (https://www.trust.com/en/produ…ron-1300va-management-ups). In the past I used to own the 1000 VA that's why I mixed them up.

I tried the different setting but I still get this error:
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start nut-server 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for nut-server.service failed. See 'journalctl -xn' for details.

• I tried the different setting but I still get this error:
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start nut-server 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for nut-server.service failed. See 'journalctl -xn' for details.

Did you try to configure the NUT plugin while the UPS was connected to the NAS and powered on as I wrote some post above? The nut-service tries to communicate with the UPS immediately by clicking on the 'Save'-button in the plugin. Otherwise this error is generated.

What is the output of journalctl -xn on the command line?

If your device is connected properly and you still get this error maybe you should have a look at the NUT hardware compatibility list to find a compatible device.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!