How long is a user banned for multiple posting?

• Hi guys,

today I posted in the following zfs thread and saw the following error message:

Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?

This post was done via google chrome browser "Version 66.0.3359.139 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)" and not via tapatalk. After reloading the thread everything looks as expected. What happened? I already saw this behavior in the past with the same result, but didn't report the error.

Is here anything we can do? Maybe this also relates to the tapatalk problem.

Greetings Hoppel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    frontend software - tvos | android tv | libreelec | win10 | kodi krypton
    frontend hardware - appletv 4k | nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2
    -------------------------------------------
    backend software - debian | openmediavault | latest backport kernel | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | unifi | vdr | tvheadend | fhem
    backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• @votdev Anything you can do to solve that issue?

I didn't do anything special. I wrote my post quoted @ryecoaaron's post and brought some code to it. I saw this message after the first try to post.

Greetings Hoppel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    frontend hardware - appletv 4k | nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2
    backend software - debian | openmediavault | latest backport kernel | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | unifi | vdr | tvheadend | fhem
    backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Ok, that seems to be the problem. But why isn't it banning me via chrome while posting something like this via tapatalk results in ban?

So, if that issue of the forum software gets solved, we have a chance that we won't get banned via tapatalk anymore. Nevertheless tapatalk seems to do something unnormal when this happens.

Greetings Hoppel

Edited once, last by hoppel118 ().

• Because Tapatalk doesn’t know how to handle the error and repeat posts. This results in the forum banning as if you were a spam bot. This only occurs under iOS Tapatalk though. On Android, the error occurs, but it does not repeat post.

You are right, I think either one being solved will do the trick for us as users of the forum. If the forum doesn’t throw the error, Tapatalk won’t freak. But then Tapatalk shouldn’t freak anyway. The error has highlighted a very rare and unusual bug.

There is obviously a difference in the Tapatalk iOS code that needs fixing. The forum errors also need addressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Ok, so the omv forum admin should solve the issue and also the tapatalk developer should solve issue in the iOS app...

Greetings Hoppel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!