How long is a user banned for multiple posting?

• Looks like tapatalk got me too! GTvert90 is my screen name it was either tapatalk or we were discussing sata cards and I post a few links to cards.. Either way it seems like it was an error. I'd love to be back. LOL

• Looks like tapatalk got me too! GTvert90 is my screen name it was either tapatalk or we were discussing sata cards and I post a few links to cards.. Either way it seems like it was an error. I'd love to be back. LOL

@GTvert90, your account has been unbanned.

omv 5.6.18 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.3 | kvm plugin 5.1.7
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Any idea what triggered the spam filter?

Nope. I don't know much about the spam filter other than it doesn't get along with tapatalk sometimes.

omv 5.6.18 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.3 | kvm plugin 5.1.7

• There are 2 types of ban.

Editing a post relatively quickly only gets you a temporary ban IIRC, but the permanent ban caused by the Tapatalk is something to do with quoting a post. Tapatalk freaks at something and repeats the post. I am not entirely sure but have had reasonable success replicating this.

The forums antispam filter gives you a three strike policy. Your post is one, one quote makes it 2 (ie. Tapatalk will post twice). If you quote 2 or more times in a post it will make 3 or more attempts and results in a ban because it believes you are a pharmaceutical bot etc.

This problem does not occur in Android or via web (temp bans still occur for editing too quickly) but the main problem is the iOS app freaking at something specific to it’s code that disagrees with this forums antispam plugin. The Tapatalk guys originally thought it was just the forum being too trigger happy (and it’s true that it really is) but that doesn’t explain by the problem does not occur on Android or via web. It’s only iOS.

I haven’t had any response from the Tapatalk team in ages about this, I will bump the thread. I would advise those affected by it to make your voices heard. https://www.tapatalk.com/group…burning-board-t39820.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• YEP! Meanwhile, I have also been banned several times. I had to ask @ryecoaaron with my second account here to unlock me again.

I got banned when I did the following:

• Post a link to an external url
    • Edit my post to fast

Regards Hoppel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    frontend software - tvos | android tv | libreelec | win10 | kodi krypton
    frontend hardware - appletv 4k | nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2
    -------------------------------------------
    backend software - debian | openmediavault | latest backport kernel | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | unifi | vdr | tvheadend | fhem
    backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Your sarcophagus has been opened. lol

• Test for ban

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

• I also had the problem that my account got locked twice while posting an external link.

Normally the post is under administration when you post an external link with the browser of your choice. If you post external links with tapatalk, your account gets locked.

Regards Hoppel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    frontend software - tvos | android tv | libreelec | win10 | kodi krypton
    frontend hardware - appletv 4k | nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2
    -------------------------------------------
    backend software - debian | openmediavault | latest backport kernel | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | unifi | vdr | tvheadend | fhem
    backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!