OMV2 -> OMV3 -> OMV4 Upgrade - little bug and fix

• Hi!

Have a little box to play around. That box was still on OMV2.
    As I wanted to test OMV4 I decided to Upgrade it from 2 to 3 to 4.
    Went pretty good - just the last upgrade step - from 3 to 4 had a little problem.

After a reboot I got the "502 Bad Gateway" error.

After a quick look in the logs I discovered that nginx is trying to access php-fpm on a wrong socket.

The file /etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui references to

fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php-fpm5-openmediavault-webgui.sock
    after the upgrade. But it should reference to
    fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock

instead.

Don't know where this happened on that upgrade path - but as OMV3 was accessible pretty normal I think it happened on the update from 3 to 4.

regards
    Lukas

• Just for the record. Did an upgrade from 3.0.88 to 4.0.5 on a RPi which worked flawlessly itself. After reboot "502 Bad Gateway" error when trying to access the UI. The above was not the culprit since:

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~# grep fastcgi_pass /etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui
            fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php5-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock;

I then simply called omv-firstaid --> Configure web control panel --> No settings change --> ok, web UI works now. Since I'm an idiot I forgot to make a snapshot to compare before/after. So asking for guidance now, maybe omv-firstaid keeps a log of changes?

Edit: At least parts of the brain work still so I did the same again after omv-firstaid and now it looks like this:

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~# grep fastcgi_pass /etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui
            fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock;
    • Offizieller Beitrag

After reboot "502 Bad Gateway" error when trying to access the UI

This is fixed in 4.0.6 - https://github.com/openmediava…d37cb6e853ef57bb8bff1fe75. omv-mkconf nginx is basically called by omv-firstaid which corrects sock line you found.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I just upgraded from OMV3 to OMV4, and I tried with above methods, but still can't access to the webpage.
    It showing a blank page.

Code
    sudo omv-mkconf nginx

Site configuration file 'openmediavault-pxe' is already enabled.

Edit: I uninstalled Pxe, still same issue.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!