Can Anybody explain how to use auto-shutdown plugin ??

• * means "any". So if there is a * in "Day of week" it means that the shut down will happen any day of the week. You can also select "Sunday" then it will shutdown only on Sundays.

With this GUI OMV is creating a "cron job". You can search for cron job to get explanation how it is working.

If you are interested in how the autoshutdown plugin works have a look here:
    If Autoshutdown doesn't work ...

• Autoshutdown will check your condition from 1 to N times, if all the conditions are met every time it will put on sleep your NAS.
    I think that is great since you can check things like
    - cpu -> it means something is running
    - bandwitch -> somethins is downloading
    - IP -> one or more of your devices is awake and maybe is using something on the nas

This is what I check for 4 times, If for 4 timesthe cpu is below 5%, the download is under 20kb/s and there are no PC awake the my nas will sleep

p.s. I would gladdly edit the readme, It was hard to understand how it worked for me too

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• There is the wake up plugin. I also use WoL packets sometimes.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• You need to send "magic packets". Some router are able to do this. On Windows I use "mhsoft start-on-lan". On linux you can do it from the CLI.

wow i really would like to learn how to wake up from another pc or device my new omv beacuse i start learning how to work the autoshutdown and the power manager, but i always have to start it manually :O

𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗚𝗘𝗔𝗥 𝗥𝟵𝟬𝟬𝟬 - 𝗠𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗥𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗲𝗿, 𝗗𝗛𝗖𝗣, 𝟮/𝟱𝗴𝗵𝘇, 𝗤𝗼𝗦, 𝗗𝗗𝘄𝗿𝘁

𝗦𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗠𝗩:

MotherBoard: DP43TF Intel, Intel Pentium Dual E2200 @ 2x 2.2GHz
    Ram: 2gb, OS: Debian 10 buster, Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.19.0-14-amd64
    OMV: 5.x Usul
    Docker: 5.x~debian-buster
    Portainer: 2.1.1
    Containers: Plex / Tranmission
    (disk 1 - hdd 80gb)
    partition sda1 / = 10gb
    partition sda2 extended
    partition sda5 swap = 4gb
    partition sda6 home = 14gb
    partition sda3 Movies (mounted in OVM) = 47gb

(disk 2 md127 - 2tb)
    1 raid 5 (1tb hdd x 3)
  • Which OS are you running on your PC?

You can find tons of guides on the net, e.g.

https://www.howtogeek.com/7037…n-and-how-do-i-enable-it/

windows 10 and the server has omv5 of course

𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗚𝗘𝗔𝗥 𝗥𝟵𝟬𝟬𝟬 - 𝗠𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗥𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗲𝗿, 𝗗𝗛𝗖𝗣, 𝟮/𝟱𝗴𝗵𝘇, 𝗤𝗼𝗦, 𝗗𝗗𝘄𝗿𝘁

𝗦𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗠𝗩:

MotherBoard: DP43TF Intel, Intel Pentium Dual E2200 @ 2x 2.2GHz
    Ram: 2gb, OS: Debian 10 buster, Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.19.0-14-amd64
    OMV: 5.x Usul
    Docker: 5.x~debian-buster
    Portainer: 2.1.1
    Containers: Plex / Tranmission
    (disk 1 - hdd 80gb)
    partition sda1 / = 10gb
    partition sda2 extended
    partition sda5 swap = 4gb
    partition sda6 home = 14gb
    partition sda3 Movies (mounted in OVM) = 47gb

(disk 2 md127 - 2tb)
    1 raid 5 (1tb hdd x 3)
  • I have an old computer. I practiced turning my computer on and off with OMV a bit. The motherboard in my computer (old, still with socket 775) support poorly the WoL function. The autoshudown plug, properly set up, takes care of starting and shutting down the computer with OMV. I have adopted a daily backup plan (maybe I do it too often) and so far it works. Such an old computer can also be persuaded to cooperate with OMV. :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!