My new OMV Machine

• Hello,

yesterday I finished my build of a new OMV Server with OMV 4.0.14
    Specs of my new Server, I can't put a price tag on it, because I salvaged a lot from projects I took apart:

Motherboard (salvaged): AsRock Q1900-ITX

RAM (salvaged): 2 x 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 SODIMM

External Power Supply (salvaged): Leicke NT33402 90W 12V 7,5A

PSU: Mini-Box picoPSU-160-XT High Power 24 Pin Mini-ITX Power Supply 160W, replaced the PSU witch came with the case

NAS Case: Eolize SVD-NC11-4 mini ITX PC-Gehäuse (4x 3,5 HDD, 2x USB 3.0)for NAS System

Adapter Card M.2: DIGITUS PCle Card auf SATA III + NGFF (M.2), SATA III 6.0 Gbps, Chipsatz ASM1061

M.2-SSD (OMV install Disk): M.2-SSD INTENSO, 128 GB, MLC-FLASH

SSD (salvaged): Kingston SV300S37A/60G SSDNow V300 interne SSD 60GB

HDD 1 (salvaged): Toschiba DT01ACA300 3TB SATA6 7200 rpm

HDD 2 (salvaged): Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB SATA6 7200 rpm

The M.2 SSD contains the OMV installation, the Kingston SSD is for Nginx and MySql only

The two old (and very noisy) HDDs are for data. They're going to be replaced as soon as possible with real NAS HDDs

The case is a real winner. It's sturdy, has a 200W PSU not really loud, and four HDD Hot Swap cages.

I took the PSU out and replaced it with the PICO PSU, that's why thre is that ugly hole in the back.

I've to find something to close that (suggestions welcome ;) ). The fan is gone by now. It's replaced by a ARCTIC F12 PWM PST on the backside of the case.

Some pictures:

If you find typos, keep them. I was the best dyslexics in my class :D

• Looks good. Clean wiring. Not sure where you could find a blanking plate. Found plenty of atx plates but not the 1U/mini itx size. I guess you could cut up the old psu to make one.

omv 5.6.6 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.1
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Can you please provide 'smartctl -x' output for this SSD? Curious what this might be.

Hi tkaiser,
    i hope that helps.

https://www.pollin.de/p/m-2-ss…o-128-gb-mlc-flash-703380

it's a chape one. but it's enough for my system

Files

Edited 2 times, last by fbohnen ().

• Yeah, thank you. Seems Silicon Motion SM2246 based (el cheapo MLC only) so you could add the "Intenso SSD" as new line 1498 to smartmontool's drivedb.h and if that matches open a ticket at smartmontools.org asking for inclusion. Intenso customers can only hope that Intenso never ever starts to sell different Chinese cheapo SSDs too since their "Device Model" reading "Intenso SSD" will then lead to all sorts of SMART related problems if they don't choose a different "Device Model" then...

• I'm not sure how to do that there. And what to add

It's just editing /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb/drivedb.h and adding another line 1498 so that it then reads:

Code
    "TS(120|240)GMTS420|" // Transcend MTS420, TS(120|240)GMTS420
    "Intenso SSD"
    "ADATA SP550", // ADATA SP550/O0803B5a

Next time SMART data is fetched all the 'unknown attributes' are gone. But IMO it's sufficient to simply check attribute 169 since this is the overall health indicator of your SSD hopefully reporting correctly wear out and expected remaining life in percentage. And I would check 194 too since recently I dealt with some cheap Chinese SSDs that showed here fake values (all the time 40°C instead of the real temperature)

• Yeah,

got that wrong, thought I'd to do that on the smartmontools.org website.
    THX for getting me on the right track. I've added it under the last SSD entry (Marvell SSD) but i get an error.
    What I added:

{ "TS(120|240)GMTS420|" // Transcend MTS420, TS(120|240)GMTS420
    "Intenso SSD"
    "ADATA SP550", // ADATA SP550/O0803B5a
    },

What I got back:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; smartctl -x '/dev/sda' 2>&1' with exit code '1': smartctl 6.6 2016-05-31 r4324 [x86_64-linux-4.13.0-0.bpo.1-amd64] (local build)Copyright (C) 2002-16, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, http://www.smartmontools.org/v…/drivedb/drivedb.h(1488): Syntax error, '"' expected

I can't find the syntax error.

my lines 1481 to 92

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!