Docker Issue - Sonarr and Deluge

• you need to set up sonarr and deluge folder using the path insde docker
    so Deluge won't download inside /usr/download bun inside /Donwload.
    the same goes for Sonarr, it won't search series inside /usr/series, but inside the path that you wrote, in my case was /Raid1/Telefilm and /zfs/telefilm since they are on two different hard drives.

I'll post my settings as soon as I'll get home, or tomorrow at max.

This is a good point. Inside Sonarr, when you specify your paths, it should be identical to the path you used on the RIGHT side of the Docker container. Is this how you've done it?

Docker doesn't know the path that actually exists on your system, it only knows the file path that you've specifically "advertised" in the container settings.

• I still think it should be asked, I had the same error just because I was using the normal path inside deluge instead of /Download. Looked days for permission problems then find out that it was a path problem inside Deluge instead of docker :/

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• I'm not a user of these packages, but the errors noted were on the outside of the container. On the internal paths / settings, if @majorpayne followed the setup guide, my assumption was that the containers would be OK.

Actually, going back to the initial few posts, I think my suggestion might be reinforced. According to OP:

Also Sonarr show this

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /srv/9a94fceb-ff72-4c70-9562-591fcc600b9e/Fileserver/Downloads/Star.Trek.Discovery.S01E13.720p.WEBRip.x264-TBS

Sonarr should not have any knowledge of /srv/9a9.../Fileserver unless that full directory path was entered somewhere inside the Sonarr configuration.

• no, instead of /srv/code.../Folder he should set /download
    This is the settings for deluge:

And this is Deluge:

The path /media/Raid1 is the one in docker settings, while /raid1/Telefilm is the original one, the first one is working, while the second one not giving me permission error.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Hell, I'm getting confused too. Why are symlinks necessary? I already have Sonarr up and running. As long as the paths in the container setup and the paths used in the Sonarr web UI are identical, there should be no issues.

I'm happy to make another post with screenshots of my container and my corresponding Sonarr setup, if that will help.

• Can you please post both Sonarr and deluge settings and docker settings?

• Because every once in a while sonarr doesn't move a show over, I can only assume it's because of this error
    You are running an old and unsupported version of Mono. Please upgrade Mono for improved stability.

The last time i attempted to update mono i screwed the update management to the point I wasn't able to get new updates and had to resinstall OMV

• OK @majorpayne. As I mentioned before, all of my path mapping is done in a single storage container, which is then attached to every other container. The paths are s follows:

I use rutorrent instead of Deluge for torrent downloading. The concept, though, is the same. Here is a screenshot of the downloads directory as specified in the rutorrent web UI itself. Notice that the download directory in rutorrent is a match for one of the paths on the right side of my storage container, both labeled by "1."Your Deluge container has a path mapped as "/downloads" and therefore you should also type "/downloads" into Deluge when it asks for your download directory. My suspicion is that you have the full /srv/... path):

Similarly, I use NZBGet to download shows for Sonarr and movies for Radarr from Usenet. Again, the paths I specify inside the NZBGet interface have to be a perfect match for the paths specified on the RIGHT side of the Docker container, marked with "2," "3," and "4." See below:

• What container do you use for storage? Is it safe to assume that you are using a docker container for that?

• I am referring to the container configuration environment variables where I see PUID 0

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I suggest not running containers as root to get around problems with system storage path permissions and ownerships.

Fix the permissions and ownerships of the storage files and folders instead so that you can run the container as an ordinary user, one that has the appropriate rights to the files and folders.

PUID and PGID refer to a system user and a system group, not a user and group within the container.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I am not talking about the container or its root. I am talking about the container being able to have the read/write access to directories and files on the system's data storage drives it needs, outside the container, without having to be run as the system root user.

You should never, ever run any process as the system root user unless it absolutely required. That includes docker containers. The security gain here is not allowing a container's processes be able to destroy your system.

OMV's deluge plugin installs deluged and supporting files. It's up to the user to configure it and run it properly. I don't run it as root here. It's not necessary.

On my OMV, I have myself as a user which is a member of the users group. All my docker containers run as that user and group. So does deluged which was manually installed. None of these things need to run as root, so they aren't.

All of the data drives that these programs need access to have directories owned by this user and group with appropriate permissions. The folders and files within have the same ownership permissions on them.

What if you were asking questions in some forum about some docker, and some user pointed you to an image that he claimed would solve your problem or otherwise meet all your needs. Suppose all it really did was format all your hard drives, but you didn't know that. It was cleverly designed to misbehave unless run as root, so you did that................ Now what?

--

• An easy way to visualize this is to determine what user:group on the system has sufficient rights to access the files and folders that a docker needs to read and write to. Then just run the container as that user:group.

And no, root does not count :)

All my data drive directories and files are owned by the only user I created on the system - myfirstname, who belongs to the users group. So, all my dockers run with PUID: myfirstname and PGID:users.

This isn't something I had to force things into or reconfigure to get dockers working. The directories and files had that ownership and permissions long before I ever got started with dockers.

--

• I have it mostly working now. Sonarr is speaking with Deluge and Jackett. Deluge is saving the file to the proper place. Sonarr is not even attempting to check for the download show. I'm very close now.

EDIT: Ok found out that a permission was missing and it made the group 911 which i assume means help something is wrong?

I changed it and now it's able to move/extract the file.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!