Proxmox Kernel

• Just guessing I need more packages.

It might be easier to add the repo but these are the packages you should need:

pve-firmware

pve-headers

pve-headers-5.11

pve-headers-5.11.21-1-pve

pve-kernel-5.11

pve-kernel-5.11.21-1-pve

omv 6.0.5-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.13 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 6.0.4 | kvm plugin 6.0
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• it may break other things.

This is all it should add at most

dmeventd

dmsetup

grub-common

grub-pc

grub-pc-bin

grub2-common

libdevmapper-dev:amd64

libdevmapper-event1.02.1:amd64

libdevmapper1.02.1:amd64

liblvm2cmd2.03:amd64

libspice-server1:amd64

lvm2

pve-firmware

pve-headers

pve-headers-5.11

pve-headers-5.11.21-1-pve

pve-headers-5.4

pve-headers-5.4.124-1-pve

pve-kernel-5.11

pve-kernel-5.11.17-1-pve

pve-kernel-5.11.21-1-pve

pve-kernel-5.4

pve-kernel-5.4.119-1-pve

pve-kernel-5.4.124-1-pve

smartmontools

omv 6.0.5-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.13 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 6.0.4 | kvm plugin 6.0

• Hm, there is a source code from aaron ,on adding the kernel, but it would be something like this:

Code
    wget -qO - http://download.proxmox.com/debian/proxmox-ve-release-6.x.gpg | sudo apt-key add -
    Code
    sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade

and then add kernel 5.11:

sudo apt install pve-kernel-5.11 -y

Test as always

• Just the kernel and headers installed but didn't work. Not sure why. So I installed the repo. Apt wanted to remove 43 packages that would have maid it not worth the effort. They modify the stock buster kernel so I just wondered if a newer (modern) kernel might be a big improvement. It works well enough it is not worth the effort.

Thanks again.

If you make it idiot proof, somebody will build a better idiot.

• Apt wanted to remove 43 packages that would have maid it not worth the effort.

They remove the individual firmware packages and replace them with one pve-firmware package. not a big deal at all.

They modify the stock buster kernel so I just wondered if a newer (modern) kernel might be a big improvement

The proxmox kernel is the Ubuntu LTS kernel and in my opinion is much more stable than the Buster backports kernel.

• Unfortunately most packages it wanted to remove had untangle-feature in the name. Defeating the purpose and features of untangle. It would be nice if it didn't require a lot of work. I will just wait for the next version. I think they are slow to adapt so I was wondering if it might be easy to update the kernel. Seems it would be more than I suspected.

Thanks

Proxmox 7 has been released by the way. Debian 11 has not. Going to wait a while for that too. LOL

If you make it idiot proof, somebody will build a better idiot.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!