Migrating OMV3 specific data & config to OMV4

• I think the main question would be, How to migrate data from omv3 to omv4 fresh install?

I have a OMV3 install running on a KVM machine, with some LVM's attached to it (1 for omv, and a few for data).
    Will be migrating to a dedicated machine, running a dual core CPU and adequate ram.
    I tried looking for a guide, or something that might help. But couldn't find anything, probably looking for bad search terms.

Ideally preserving all configuration, plugin and related data as is, so no setup is required is ideal :P
    I have docker, and a lot of other plugin's setup.
    But any suggestion at reducing the effort of complete data copy, would help.
    Also I would like to keep the data LVM partitions, untouched though.(Permissions, ownership, etc)
    I understand the main OMV installation partition will be lost will be a fresh OMV4 install.

Thanks in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

For the configuration and plugins is not possible. You can keep the database for reference only.

The data in the disks can be moved using rsync or a portable drive.

You can upgrade the vm to 4.0. After that you can copy the os data to new physical disk. This requires intermediate Linux knowledge, as is not just copy and boot.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!