Installation on/to eMMC-memory?

• Hi,

Have some question...

I have a Intel NUC DE3815TYKHE with 4GB eMMC. From what I understand one should not write to much to it. That should include the installation process is my though. I have tried to get a clear view of all the steps but it is hard. The installation documentation says nothing in detail.

The process look in basic to be:
    - Install to an SD-Card (why a SD-card, why not a USB memory, or a simple disk?)
    - Boot up the nas/OMV, make some changes like adding USB-plugin for less writing..
    - Use some boot-program to load the image... from the USB/SD-Card to eMMC-memory, that is onbord.

Question, is there any more details on this?
    - Can I remove the the swap-partion with this process? How? Using Noswap?
    - Since I'm new on Linux, but I've read some parts about /var/logs (or what was it?) is that a problem, that solved by the USB-plugin? Or how is the logs handled. Is there a way to handle the logs differently?

Sorry for all the questions. :) And thanks for all the support in. :)

Newbie on OMV... not so new on hardware/software in general, started on the "14.400 bps"-era. Windows-guy, eger to learn more linux.
    - pfSense and OMV is my next thing for small office usage.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!