Best filesystem for MergerFS/SnapRAID

• I was just correcting the fact that ext4 is not limited to 16tb because people will read it and think that is true. It was not directly related to snapraid. And snapraid (and now the plugin) support split parity files on one drive removing any ext4 limitations. The FAQ you are reading on the snapraid page referencing ext4 limitations is very old since it doesn't mention split parity at all.

Oh, I didn`t know, thanks. So, I can use EXT4 for parity also even if I have >16TB parity file?!

And yes I remember about command mkfs.ext4 -m 0 -T largefile4 DEVICE

This split parity will be automatically or I have to do something for that?

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, I can use EXT4 for parity also even if I have >16TB parity file?!

No, you are still limited to 16TB files but since you can split the file into multiple parts, the size limit isn't important.

This split parity will be automatically or I have to do something for that?

It is an option in the plugin now. If you look at it, hopefully it is self explanatory.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• No, you are still limited to 16TB files but since you can split the file into multiple parts, the size limit isn't important.

It is an option in the plugin now. If you look at it, hopefully it is self explanatory.

Open */services/snapraid/settings and disks and didn`t find any related to splitting.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Open */services/snapraid/settings and disks and didn`t find any related to splitting.

And you won't. Look in the drive tab. Split parity is column heading. And since that is where you mark a drive as a parity drive, it only made sense to set split parity there.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!