in my NAS (OMV 4.1.2-1) i notice some strange S.M.A.R.T behaviour: each time i execute in OMV S.M.A.R.T -> Drives -> Information -> extended information i get new an email telling me that SMART error is increased on one of the RAID1-drives:
From the SMART informations in OMV i get the following:
- Extended offline test afterwards passed without error
- The errors were caused by SMART READ LOG, SMART READ WRITE, Error: ABRT.
- The second RAID1 drives shows also these errors but right now only 4 errors instead of 8 error on the other drive
- I am running a RAID 1 with two WD RED 3TB
- One additional WD RED 3TB as backup drive on a separate SATA controllter
- One SSD Sandisk 128GB system drive
- The drives are OK
- The implementation of the SMART interface is buggy (smartctl?)
What do you think, am i right?
What is causing the errors and can i prevent them?