Your user account was used to log in to the openmediavault control panel via a web browser.

• Hello OMV Community,

Since a few versions 3.0.9x or previous, and now, on 4.1.4-1, there is something i didn't know where i can set or unset.

It is about my very 1st NAS i made with OMV and HP microserv Gen8, one year and a few months ago.

When i connect on OMV Webgui, i received immediatly a email with this Your user account was used to log in to the openmediavault control panel via a web browser.. Normal, works fine, but how/where do i disable it ?

it seems/i remember there is a previous version, where it was possible to check the option case, but now, i do not find out where.

Notification General settings : Enable

on others OMV 3.0.99 i have not this "issue"

So, where can i disable/enable this notification email feature ? :)

Thanks guys

• ok, thanks.
    your answer makes me crazy about cookies, because, in fact, it is one surprise for me, i have never seen cookies. I clean my pc every day, and i select some cookies to be kept, and others to be erased.
    but no cookie for omv.
    i m going to check my browser setup to understand
    Thanks

edit after new tests:

4 NAS with OMV, 4 cookies named by their IP address (192.168.1.46/47/48/49). each cookie is kept, no cleaning for them.
    I delete them, clean cache, ccleaner for all unwanted website cookies + those of OMV NAS. Re-connection. Cookies created. And... same thing. Cookies are there. Notification email comes.
    I have no usual Question about "do you want to save id/pwd/cookie" for a new website connection. (don't know if it is that english sentence used for this case).
    How to force register cookie for OMV NAS ?

Edit2:
    i try a lot of setups, nothing is working. I have only the "ip" cookies and always notification email. I disable notification, reenable, and now, nothing sent LOL, even the test message. Setup is exactly the same as the 3 others OMV3 NAS i have.

After, HWraid, shares lost (recent, samba issue or smbv1 ?), updates with errors (now, it's ok), there is a lot of troubles for me during this OMV3->4 upgrade. i spent a lot of time, unusual on OMV, on course, less than you, dev, but i really don't understand what was wrong.

Now i have a question about OMV4:
    As i have all my data on Raid HW and HDDs managed by HW raid card, if i wipe my ssd to install a new OMV, do i have risk to lost all my datas ?
    Of course, i have to set all shares/rights but what is important is data, not settings.

Edit3:
    I use 3 different browsers, i use 3 different machines. Smartphone, PC and Mac, same things, i receive at each connection the connection notification email, i have the cookies. So only thing i can do is to accept this, or disable notifcations.

sorry if there is a lot of steps inside my post :)

• As i have all my data on Raid HW and HDDs managed by HW raid card, if i wipe my ssd to install a new OMV, do i have risk to lost all my datas ?

Nope. Just unplug every data drive while installing on a new system drive. After the first complete boot, shutdown the system, connect the drives, boot up and mount them again.

OMV 4.x| HP Microserver | 256GB Samsung 830 SSD for system | 4x 2TB in a RAID5
    OMV 4.x| Odroid XU4 | 5TB Data drive | 500GB Backup drive
    OMV 5.x| Raspberry Pi 4 | 6TB Data drive | 500GB SSD drive

• Hi,
    about cookies, there is no cookie problem with HTTP. The 1st time i connect, i can save cookie.
    in HTTPs, for a local network use only, there is some security error message i can pass through, with special rule in FF or Chrome, but cookie is not saved. With 3.0.99 (and previous version) and with 4.x version.
    i clean cache on all browsers i have. i check kaspersky rules/settings too.
    then:

is it a https issue ? is it just on my pc ? (i can try under Mac os, or Centos). I can not add certificat because to do that, it needs to be seen from outside (Let's Encryt or equal).

is there anything i would have missed ?

• Hi guys,

i try a lot of things to avoid this email notification, and this is what i did:

https mode
    cookies accepted in FF and Chrome, cookies are kept in CCleaner. cleaning cache
    at each login, i must enter id/pwd. But cookies are on my pc.
    Id/pwd deleted on Chrome/FF, and logout then login. No asking to save id/pwd in FF or Chrome (??)

switch to http
    deleting cookies, to be sure. cleaning cache too.
    and 1st login, entering id/pwd, then asking to save pwd, then i can see a new cookie in CCleaner and FF and Chrome. Keeping this cookie set in CCLeaner. And FF/Chrome setting: keep cookie til their expiration.
    logout, then login: in login window, my informations are there, YES... login, then logout. And again.

and i always receive my email login notification...

So, what i had to do to avoid this issue was to uncheck receiving notification, to choose http instead of https.

it is not normal or acceptable for me. I have no issue like that on others web site, with 2FA or not.

what i want to know is if it is my PC settings, my OMV settings or a

fyi, i have this on all my OMV 3.0.99 (even in fresh OMV4.0, but now, i own only OMV3.0.99, i uninstall OMV4.)

these actions are made on new fresh OMV install (from scratch, new ssd).

what is the next try ? i would like to understand. Of course, all my OMVs work very fine, this is only this annoying thing i have.

thanks for your ideas or help :)

edit: in the cookie, i can read this:

Try+looking+into+that+place+where+you+dare+not+look%21+You%27ll+find+me+there%2C+staring+out+at+you%21

Without+change+something+sleeps+inside+us%2C+and+seldom+awakens.+The+sleeper+must+awaken.

Fear+is+the+mind-killer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!