No volumes in Shared Folders

• Hi all,
    I found other threads about this kind of problem, even in "solutions to common problems", but I I couldn't solve the problem. Hope you can help me!
    I did a clean install of OMV 3, system upgraded to 3.0.99. After mounting the drives, I can't select them from volumes in Shared Folders.

I have to use the NTFS drives and I can't format them. I also tried to shutdown the server and exchange the SATA data cables, no results...
    I would like to specify that I used SSH only to update the system and configure the static IP for the server, I always mount the drives from GUI!

Output "omv-showkey mntent":

Output "blkid":

Code
    root@CarfRip-NAS:~# blkid
    /dev/sda1: UUID="a38ac641-7746-4a51-85a1-47b0f034b4cb" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="fbcfd137-01"
    /dev/sda5: UUID="e647d64d-667f-4ca5-944b-6e40ed12a00e" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="fbcfd137-05"
    /dev/sdb1: LABEL="CarfRip Series 1TB" UUID="92B85729B8570ADD" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="9e73f74e-01"
    /dev/sdc1: LABEL="WD 3TB" UUID="75C8F79D3F456C46" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="eaad988a-4dca-4393-86d0-e9f70fc6e0a7"

Output "cat /etc/fstab":

Hope someone can help me ;(;(;( Thank you all!

• Problem solved! Only God knows how stupid I am...
    Obviously the system can't accept spaces in the labels.

If it were to help someome:

- Unmount drives to be renamed from GUI

- SSH

- blkid to list devices

- ntfslabel /dev/sdX1 "new-disk-label" to rename NTFS drives in X position

- e2label /dev/sdX1 "new-disk-label" to rename Linux file system drives (ext/ext3) in X position

- Mount drives from GUI

In my case (NTFS drive): ntfslabel /dev/sdb1 "CarfRip-TVSeries"

• It probably has to do with the evil spaces in your filesystem labels. It isn't possible to create a name with a space in the label from the OMV web interface. I would unmount them and re-label them on a windows box.

omv 5.6.4 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Problem solved! Only God knows how stupid I am...
    Obviously the system can't accept spaces in the labels.

Yep, spaces are evil.

omv 5.6.4 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!