How to restore from an omv-backup?

• Have you tried renaming the file to one with an extension that these programs will recognize?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

• I just downloaded and tried usbimager and still the same issue. it doesn't boot from the new sd card. I tried unzipping the .gz file first but then i just get a .ddfull file that usbimager/etcher/etc doesn't recognise?

I gave you three options that I was going to try. I wasn't sure if usbimager would work or not. I know using dd does work.

omv 5.5.12 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.4.2
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I haven't tried one in a while and I definitely wouldn't use etcher. I might try usbimager but normally I just use gunzip piped to dd to write it back to the card. Or you could gunzip the image and write with just about any imaging program but dd still works.

I gave you three options that I was going to try. I wasn't sure if usbimager would work or not. I know using dd does work.

Thanks, I was trying the windows options first as I assume I need linux to use gunzip and the dd? Using win10 as my main pc...

Have you tried renaming the file to one with an extension that these programs will recognize?

just tried that with usbimager and neither .dd or .iso work

Apologies in advance for the noob questions and thanks for helping :)

• I was trying the windows options first as I assume I need linux to use gunzip and the dd? Using win10 as my main pc...

It is possible to use Windows but I'm not the one to help with that. No Windows here.

omv 5.5.12 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.4.2
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!