Trying to set up OMV Extras, OwnCloud, and Plex

• Hi everyone!

I am trying to install these three plugins. I download them from the web, and then upload them via the plugins section in the control panel.

I always get messages saying that existing dependencies are not available.

I using OMV version 4.1.3-1 Arrakis.

My system is:

Intel Core 2 CPU
    Not sure about the RAM.

Any help is appreciated!

• Temp fix: SSH into server and type this:

Code
    rm /var/cache/apt/archives/lock

Error may come back but this can at least let APT work for now.

For the missing dependencies, I'd try updating things first. Your OMV is out of date. You have 4.1.3-1, latest is 4.1.8.2-1.

OMV 5.6.8 on HP ProLiant DL360p G8: 2x Xeon E5-2609 32GB DDR3 24x900GB 10K SAS Drives (ZFS RAID-Z3) 2x 120GB SSD (Hardware RAID 1 for OS)

• Error may come back but this can at least let APT work for now.

That is a bad idea. The lock means apt is running (downloading updates in the background in this case) and running two apt commands at the same time can cause problems. Either let it finish or reboot.

omv 5.6.18 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.3 | kvm plugin 5.1.7
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I don't know how the owncloud plugin is in your list but that plugin has been deprecated since OMV 2.x and was even broken there.

omv 5.6.18 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.3 | kvm plugin 5.1.7

• Is there a decent alternative?

Most people here use nextcloud (fork of owncloud). There is a huge thread about installing it on OMV using the nginx plugin. You can also install it using the docker plugin which I think is a better way.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!