OpenVPN Plugin Not Generating DNS Servers in Downloaded Certificated

• Hello again!

I have installed OMV and the OpenVPN Plugin. I do not have a static IP address, so I would like to add the DNS server IP addresses when configuring (there is a dedicated field for it in the GUI). However, when I generate the Certificate and open it, there is no dhcp-option in the files. Some research has shown that people use the "dhcp-option DNS xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" in their conf file to hook this up. When I try to add the line manually, all sorts of error are thrown (basically it says it does not recognize "dhcp-option".

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

• So still no success...

I'll admit, one point I'm confused on is whether to use my WAN address I see my router setting, or the public IP address I see when I go to ip4.me.

I understand the difference has something to do with not having a static IP from my ISP, but I think the DNS should be able to handle that.

• Still no success here.

I add my two DNS addresses into the OMV OpenVPN GUI, and I'm still not seeing the DNS option appearing in the output file. Is this a known issue with 4.X?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!