[Tutorial] Teamspeak 3 Server installation

• Moved the Guide to the Guides section:
    Teamspeak 3 Server

(There is just the guide, Questions / Problems / Diskussions can continue here)

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von WastlJ ()

• Thanks for the tutorial it is great!

Only problem i have is that after a reboot and use the

Code
    /etc/init.d/teamspeak status

command it returns

Code
    server appears to have died

Just wondering if you know what might be causing this?

Thanks for your help

• It seems that your autostart doesn't work correctly on a reboot.

Did you install the startup scrip correctly?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Thanks for the reply guys, I will have a look at the start script in a minute and copy it below however when i manually start the server it gives me this messaege:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# /etc/init.d/teamspeak start
    ts3server.pid found, but no server running. Possibly your previously started server crashed
    Please view the logfile for details.
    Starting the TeamSpeak 3 server
    TeamSpeak 3 server started, for details please view the log file

Seems a bit odd. Where will i find the log to look at as suggested?

I have also had another look at my start-up script

Does that seem correct? I have made the server symlink which shows when i ssh in as ts3 user and use the 'ln' command.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help again!

• David, I hadn't really looked at this before but do you think that init script is best???? I looked around a bit and found this init script. You would have to adjust it a bit but it seems better.

• Yeah, you could try it, the only thing you would need to replace would be DIR and USER.

The script worked on my VM so I thought it would be fine...

Greetings
    David

• Intresting. Did you install the script I posted in the first post and installed it via update-rc.d?

Greetings
    David

• I have been running my TS3 server when I first started using OMV, I also use an add on that gives me more control, would you like to look at my init script and compare with yours. I also have a server update script that can be added as a cron job (I run it manually) it checks for an update for the server software and if found sends a message to the users on the server to warn them the TS server is about to restart to apply the update.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• I have to say, I only looked for this startup script for this thread here so it wasn't tested that much, however it worked so I thought it would be fine. I only use Teamspeak on my online server and Teamspeak is not in autostart because it is an indicator for me to see that something is wrong with it.

So I'm fine if you throw you statup script over and I will replace the one I posted with yours and add the updating script to it. Just need to take care that we update the paths for the setup I used above.

Greetings
    David

• I will post it later today as OMV is busy copying files to new aufs partitions. My TS server is in the same folder structure so paths should not be an issue, I do however run as root and not as another user but will change that and test it before posting script.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• I have installed teamspeak 3 in /opt/teamspeak3. I edited the /etc/init.d/teamspeak script to:

Edit <my teamspeak user> to whatever username you have created to run teamspeak under. Remember the user needs to have rw rights to /opt/teamspeak3
    After a

Code
    update-rc.d teamspeak defaults

everything is working.

The error about the teamspeak process that seems to be running when the status parameter is issued is because the first instance of ts3 after install doesn't get stopped but keeps running in the background. Get it's processnumber with

Code
    bps -A | grep ts

and kill it with

Code
    kill processnumber

After this start, stop an status parameters work correctly.

• If I could do plugins this would be one i would do... :(

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin wouldn't be hard to make but the licensing is very prohibitive. How about a mumble (here, here) plugin? It is open source and has an iOS and Android client as well. It is in the Debian repo as well.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Unlicensed:

TeamSpeak is provided free of charge for non-commercial groups or individuals who wish to host their own TeamSpeak servers in a limited capacity. To use TeamSpeak without a license, just download and install the TeamSpeak server -- no signup is required. Unlicensed use of TeamSpeak 2 is limited to ten virtual servers with up to 1000 combined slots, while unlicensed use of TeamSpeak 3 is limited to one virtual server with up to 32 slots.

Unlicensed use is ideal for: Friends & family, small gaming clans/guilds, online study groups, church groups.

• I don't see how there would be an issue. This would not be commercial use. Have you used Mumble Ryeco?? Sub likes it I think. I've used TeamSpeak2 in the past and TS3 looks really nice.

PS- I'm on David's server now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

But... distribution of the binary is not allowed by third parties. So, the plugin would have to download and extract during installation and you have to agree to the license to download. The other big problem is that code it gives you the first time it runs. Can that be specified in a config file?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• There is no rush. I just have no experience with Mumble. But TS is excellent in my opinion. If we could work it out over time would be nice. Sub talked about Mumble but did not say much about it. Sub, why don't you tell us how it compares in quality.

PS- this is like that Police song, "So Lonely". All alone on David's TS server.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!