I’m new to this forum, OMV, and Linux in general.
- Microsoft and Windows – Advanced
- Networking, LAN, WLAN, WAN, VPN setups – intermediate to Advanced
- Linux – beginner (I often use my Ubuntu Live USB to get me out of trouble with windows HDDs etc)
- OMV - beginner
- I’m replacing my old RAID 0 Medion Server (Linux based), with an N54L that has been sitting in my cupboard for the last 3years (needs an OS installed).
- The same TV discovered WHS 2011 OS straight out of the box (but not OMV OS)
- I've installed OMV successfully and have RAID10 with file structure discoverable on wireless laptops and various other devices - except my primary TV
- All my LAN devices discover the new N54L with OMV, except my new Hisense 55n6 Smart (DLNA enabled) TV.
What I’ve done to try resolve the issue:
- Installed Plex on OMV, and it worked on the Hisense TV, but don’t want to use plex (I will go back to WHS 2011 before plex – just another account and password)
- Played with all manner of settings in the router, used a mix of 2.4 and 5Ghz, ACL, DMZ, open ports, etc
What I’m thinking:
- Something to do with ports? 8200? 9001? (ports not changeable on Smart TV)
- Something to do with Upnp? SAMBA? DLNA combability? (my in-depth knowledge of these protocols is limited)
- Guest accounts in permissions? (Router's Guest account function turned off. with Guest function 'on', TV can't see any devices)
I want to migrate to OMV but now I am finally stumped! – I don’t really want to go back to WHS 2011 - but this is my last-ditch effort to use OMV.
Does anyone have suggestions before I go back to WHS 2011?
I’ve attached a graphic of my system to this post
Thanks in advance