My OMV Build

• Greetings.

I've started constructing my build a couple of months ago.

I build it upon an old ASUS P5Q-E I had with an Intel Dual core Duo E8500 3.2Ghz, that gives me 6 + 2 x Sata II 3Gbps (the +2 is for eazy backup but with a little tempering I made a good use for the one of them) so total 7 sata II ports :D

The mobo also had ide conectors so I user an old 160GB ide HD for the omv + plex.

System has 4 GB of RAM and running fairly smooth but I'm thinking to put another 4GB.

Currently I'm running on raid 5 with 4 x WD Red NAS 4TB and in the future I'll completed with another 3 (but I need to change my 550 PSU with something bigger, maybe a corsair 750 CXi).

After setting the initial build I had the idea to buy a Dell Perc 6i Pci-e SAS Raid Controller (I can find cheap on ebay with battery and cables) so I'll have the advantage of the cache in case of.. I don't know :)

I also bought a 1500 VA UPS (with 0.6 factor so I think it will fit great with the 750 PSU).

Currently I've sorted through plex roughly 2K of movies plus 1TB of music plus documentaries and I've to sort out around 3K movies of external HD's plus 14TB of TV-Series.

I know the numbers wont fit but maybe I'll build a second one with the controller in the future I dunno.

I want to thank the guys who help me at the beginning and for all the advise they give about setting up and pick a media center here in the forum :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!