I can't write to to sheard folder's

• Hi

I have reinstalld omv 2 times in a row thainking its a glitch. I can't write to hdd. I hacve shear folder set to "/" and one user with read/writ privlig. I evan add a user group. I also formated hdd thainking maybe a viris.
    My windows 10 can brows nas via "\\xxx.xxx.x.x". My windows 7 can brows. But nether can write to nas/omv sheard folders.

I was using omv for a over a mounth b4 I had to reinstal. I ran in to a problem with conecting to omv web gui.

Omv is on a sbc odroidxu4

• It seems that all shares are mounted in /export.

I suspect that you can't use just / as a share. That would create an invalid path:

/export//

Or possibly "fixed" to become...

/export

... that is no share at all.

Give the share a name. For instance root. Then the relative path to the share will become root/. And it can be mounted as the valid path:

/export/root

And I suspect that you will live happily ever after.

(Please note that I am an OMV beginner and this is guesswork from my side...)

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

Edited once, last by Adoby ().

• well I just tryed seting up shear to "Book/" location and add read/write for all under smb shears and I steal cant write to it..

• And I have a share called OMV with the relative path OMV/. And it works fine using both NFS and CIFS.

So most likely you have missed some step while creating the share.

Check the docs.

• And I have a share called OMV with the relative path OMV/. And it works fine using both NFS and CIFS.

So most likely you have missed some step while creating the share.

Check the docs.

well I just went thru the note's and watched a few youtub videos and I steal cant write to any of the omv folders.

I was using omv for a over a mounth b4 I had to reinstal. I ran in to a problem with conecting to omv web gui.

Is It posabule that my img is corupted ? I have re-instaled the same download img over 3 times now on multipule sd cards......

I mean look at my post count's. Nothing but ton's of problems.

• Could be a corrupt image, but it seems a little too specific. I would think then nothing would work. Still, it never hurts to use a good SD-card and do the check sums. I suspect operator error is more likely... ;)

You followed the instructions found here? Page 43-46:

New User Guide - Getting Started with Openmediavault

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!