Error after install

• Hi all,

I've just installed OMV, and upon reboot I am getting a boot loop with the following message displayed briefly before restarting and repeating, I suspect it is a compile issue in the Linux kernel but have no idea how to resolve it:

"sg version magic 3.10.105 SMP mod_unload should be 4.14.0-0.bpo.3-amd64 smp mod_unload modversions"

This stays for a few seconds then I get a page full of similar errors very quickly followed by a reboot.

Any idea how to fix?

• UPDATE:
    I booted to a live linux USB and created a new partition table on each of the drives including the drive with OMV installed so that all devices were unallocated. I then reinstalled OMV, and now I get the following errors when booting:

mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically (repaeated numerous times, then the below line, then this line another 12 times)
    mdadm: error opening /dev/md?*: No such file or directory
    Gave up waiting for root file system device. Common problems:
    -Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
    -Check root delay= (did the system wait long enough?)
    -Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
    ALERT! /dev/sdc1 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!

Busybox v1.22.1
    (initramfs)

I then logged back into a live usb and ran fdisk -l and there were no md devices listed when previously there were, so it seems that the previous RAID array is now gone and all RAID superblocks are removed from each drive and all drives are listed as unallocated in gparted, but OMV can still see an MD array from somewhere?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you try installing with all of the data drives disconnected as recommended?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I did try that before deleting the RAID array, but will try again.

So if I install with just the USB and OMV drive installed, once installed if I get an IP address for web management I can just connect all the drives then wipe and add them from the web management, will the system recognise all the drives (3x hdd controllers) without a reboot?

• Did you try installing with all of the data drives disconnected as recommended?

Same error after reinstalling with only the OMV data drive plugged in, only difference is this line, everything else is the same:

ALERT! /dev/sdb1 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!

• I think I have found the cause of this problem

When I updated it loaded the Linux 4.18.0 Kernel which was the default restart Kernel

On the next restart I hit space on the boot screen to stop the timer and selected the 4.14.0 Kernel and booted everything was fine

I then went into /system/ OMV extras on the GUI and under Kernels, set 4.14.0 as the default.

when running on the new Kernel OMV seems to be accessing the wrong config

Those more knowledgeable than myself can doubtless provide a proper solution but this workaround seems to be working for me

Best Regards Mark

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!