Nextcloud, your personal cloud server, GNU nano blank page

• Offizieller Beitrag

For the second video since you got an ARM I think you need to reduce the DH to 1024 at two places if I remember and change the part about ONLY_subdomain like in my previous post,

I did do the part about modifying instead of adding the ONLY_SUBDOMAIN line, but I am not sure what about reducing the DH to 1024 at two places.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@Nefertiti I see now. Thank you. Doesn't that have to do with the unique prime number encryption or something like that? Will that lessen the security of the site? Just asking because I don't understand the 2048 operation.

• Offizieller Beitrag

After setting up a static IP in network settings, and forwarding that static IP in port forwarding, and reducing 2048 to 1024, I still get the following error on a brand new clean install in which Nextcloud was working perfectly well. I just rebooted OMV and Nextcloud still works:

IMPORTANT NOTES:
    - The following errors were reported by the server:
    Domain: pwh.duckdns.org
    Type: connection
    Detail: Fetching
    http://pwh.duckdns.org/.well-k…nWWrREgcUkm3Q3yBAj2lnULI:
    Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)
    To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was
    entered correctly and the DNS A/AAAA record(s) for that domain
    contain(s) the right IP address. Additionally, please check that
    your computer has a publicly routable IP address and that no
    firewalls are preventing the server from communicating with the
    client. If you're using the webroot plugin, you should also verify
    that you are serving files from the webroot path you provided.
    - Your account credentials have been saved in your Certbot
    configuration directory at /etc/letsencrypt. You should make a
    secure backup of this folder now. This configuration directory will
    also contain certificates and private keys obtained by Certbot so
    making regular backups of this folder is ideal.
    ERROR: Cert does not exist! Please see the validation error above. The issue may be due to incorrect dns or port forwarding settings. Please fix
    your settings and recreate the container

• I am pretty sure you got an error in letsencrypt container can you post a pic of the docker container

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am pretty sure you got an error in letsencrypt container can you post a pic of the docker container

• Offizieller Beitrag

• Honestly I do not know because I am not an expert maybe TechnoDadLife can give you a tip double and triple check your input for typo, like I said you need to figure out if the ports are really open for your board.
    Also but I am pretty sure it does not matter, I connected this way by changing my domain.duckdns.org' by 'nextcloud.my domain.duckdns.org' in nextcloud.subdomain.conf where you got an example

at the beginning so you can try
    # make sure that your dns has a cname set for nextcloud
    # assuming this container is called "letsencrypt", edit your nextcloud container's config
    # located at /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php and add the following lines before the ");":
    # 'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt'],
    # 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.your-domain.com/',
    # 'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
    # 'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
    #
    # Also don't forget to add your domain name to the trusted domains array. It should look somewhat like this:
    # array (
    # 0 => '192.168.0.1:444', # This line may look different on your setup, don't modify it.
    # 1 => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
    # ),
    Trust me I kept doing my container over maybe 30 times Eventually you will succeed.

in google type: letsencrypt timeout you will see you are not the only one!

• Offizieller Beitrag

@Nefertiti the step you describe above comes after the step involving the command "docker logs -f letsencrypt" which basically validates the setup of the letsencrypt container. I have never made it to the section you are describing now.

One of the problems I have is when I delete the container to start over, the folders/files remain behind on the server, and I am unable to remove them. If I start a new container will those folders/files be written over? To be sure, I flash a new image on a SD card and start from scratch.

I still believe there is something set wrong in my router. Thinking my Airport Extreme Base Station had very little user control over the settings, and despite @TecnoDadLife's advise against it, I purchased a Netgear R7000 router and installed AdvancedTomato firmware on it. I love the thing, and all of my computers do too. No problem connecting. The blasted thing has soooo many settings I fear I have missed some little check box or some such. I have Googled "Tomato firmware manual" to try to figure out if I have overlooked something, but I haven't found anything.

• I think it is safe to delete a container the files should be replaced If you want to delete them the best tool is probably winscp it is very visual and I guess you can very easily change permissions to some files, if you want to delete them. I think you can use netstat -a in a CLI to see if the ports are open (not completely sure about it )
    EDIT
    Here a link with better explanation I think nmap is a better tool http://www.linuxandubuntu.com/…-find-open-ports-in-linux
    Also you do not need to delete containers if you do not notice errors But if you want to start from scratch it is an other story maybe your best bet.

EDIT
    Add some PHP conf files working for me

• Hello, have Nextcloud instaliert after video of TechnoDadLife, has everything super well-done thank you again, unfortunately not true long in nextcloud in there password forgotten reset, does not help koomt nothing via email, which possibilities there are?

• Hello, have Nextcloud instaliert after video of TechnoDadLife, has everything super well-done thank you again, unfortunately not true long in nextcloud in there password forgotten reset, does not help koomt nothing via email, which possibilities there are?

Just in case make sure you do not insert any unseen blank space .

• Offizieller Beitrag

@Nefertiti, so with you rewriting your config.php file to read "nextcloud.your_domain.duckdns.org". Did you write it that way in all three locations?

1 => 'nextcloud.your_domain.duckdns.org',
    ),
    'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.your_domain.duckdns.org',
    'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.your_domain.duckdns.org',

And in your browser, does it show up as https://nextcloud.your_domain.duckdns.org? And does it still work.

I also noted that in nextcloud.subdomain.conf file that is the way it shows to insert those lines, but it also adds a line 'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt'],. Did you add that also?

I have finally gotten past the letsencrypt container with success, but cannot get nextcloud to connect, and when I try to connect locally I am redirected to the duckdns.org address with no access there either.

• Glad you succeed with let's encrypt what was the error?
    https://nextcloud.lefouvolant.duckdns.org/ will resolve even for you right now you might get an error a white page with "

Welcome to our server

The website is currently being setup under this address.

For help and support, please contact: me@example.com"
    right now it is on

since I am moving my disk to a Rockpro64 board
    Like I said before I think both way will probably work
    here again the way to configure the PHP

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!