smb.conf missing share definitions

• Hi,

I'm trying to get OMV to replace an old Ubuntu Server NAS setup (more or less like for like).

I can successfully setup and add a shared folder definition in the web GUI, and it appears to apply the permissions to the folder path just fine.

I get the following error with smbclient:

sudo smbclient //host.domain/sharename --user=myuser

tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

Initial search suggested it was a permissions issue with the folder permissions, but unless there's a special samba user that needs to be granted permissions, they look fine to me.

I have noticed however that the smb.conf file is missing anything under the share definitions section. I know some Linux systems use referenced files where the settings are maintained separately, but shouldn't the share definitions turn up in here on OMV?

Have I missed something?

Regards,
    Rob.

• Same result with the IP. The DNS resolves just fine, the "network name" in the error is a Samba error received from the server so it's not a networking issue.

I've also tried running omv-mkconf samba and performing a reboot of the system, but the share definitions section is still empty.

Rob.

• Doh, thought I'd missed something. I'd added the Shared Folder in the relevant section, but I hadn't then gone into the SMB section to map the Shared Folder to Samba.

Works now.

Thanks,
    Rob.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!