Firewall question

• Good Morning,

I'm attempting to install Webtools for plex (non docker) and I was wondering if I need to open up the ports 33400 and 33443 as the instructions say or does the firewall in this case not matter. I have never opened any ports on any of the other items I have install which of course might be error on my part. I know that although I have use OMV for many years I'm still what I consider a noob as I do not play with it much since it just works.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok, that is what i was asking, it's wierd that i have never opened any other ports on the OMV server and other things are working just fine.

That's according to the FAQ, then if you search further regarding Plex and ports to be opened that's where it states 'ports on the machine running plex' so the process is internal to allow for communication.

• Offizieller Beitrag

this look right?

If this was Docker you would just add the ports, depending on how it was installed I don't use Plex, but according to what I've found you have to open ports on the machine plex is on as this is for internal use.

Have you installed the webtools and tried to connect?...That would be my first start.

Re your images, you should specify a source and destination, in other words ip of where the request is coming from, and it's destination, where it's going to.

• If this was Docker you would just add the ports, depending on how it was installed I don't use Plex, but according to what I've found you have to open ports on the machine plex is on as this is for internal use.
    Have you installed the webtools and tried to connect?...That would be my first start.

Re your images, you should specify a source and destination, in other words ip of where the request is coming from, and it's destination, where it's going to.

This is the OMV computer that Plex Server is on.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is the OMV computer that Plex Server is on.

I appreciate that but you said you never configured any ports previously for Plex to work, so install your webtools and test it/log in and see if it works, if it does you have to do anything, if it fails you'll have to configure the firewall.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!