[OMV 0.5] Error setting ACLs on shares

• Zitat von "mbourd25"

This is the error message that I get.

Again, the error is with ../Videos/Downloads/ and not ../Torrents/ ...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• My bad. I haven't seen anything wrong on your output... So I don't see where it gets the Operation not supported error...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

My bad. I haven't seen anything wrong on your output... So I don't see where it gets the Operation not supported error...

Greetings
    David

The problem was solved.
    True, I do not know what contributed to its decision, the kernel upgrade to 3.2 or manually change the permissions and ownership on the problem folders.
    Or maybe just reboot :)
    So now everything is OK.

• Hi gang, I solved my problem that I couldn't change the access using ACL to all my folders.

What I did was, since I'm using AUFS to join multiple folders to one folder, I thought by changing the access to the one folder which AUFS controls it would change all attached folders on all my hard drive, well it doesn't work that way. The moment I changed all the folders access, everything works perfectly now. I can, delete, copy and move files and folders in the AUFS controlled folders.

Thanks again for your help.

Let me know if you need more info on how I fixed this.

• HI gang, I thought that everything was fixed but I still get a permission problem when I download files using the transmission plugin, the files are locked to debian-transmission even when my user and folder has access to that group.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Hi gang, no one can help me try to figure out why everytime I download a file using transmission, I can't delete it with my user access even when my user is part of the debian-transmission group?

Thanks.

• I don't use transmission... but for the sake of it you may try to add yourself into the root group (Yes, this may be a security risk, but not really when your user has no ssh access).

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry, I don't use transmission :(

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "mbourd25"

Hi gang, no one can help me try to figure out why everytime I download a file using transmission, I can't delete it with my user access even when my user is part of the debian-transmission group?

Thanks.

Here the solution.
    I have followed the instructions and works well for me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!