How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?

• Yes, cloning my USB would be easy. But I want to put my original SSD back in (that had a broken OMV on it). Also, the SSD is larger and I don't want to put the small image of the USB onto the SSD. Finally, I want to try to do it with the GUI since I now found out about the options to remoteley start the OMV to a live ISO.

• Yes, cloning my USB would be easy. But I want to put my original SSD back in (that had a broken OMV on it).

You could clone the usb to the ssd then use gparted to extend the partition, I use usb and extended the partition, now I just clone like for like.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

• Hi, i'm interesting in cloning guide, but the link is not working... There is a new link to that guide?

• Hi,

in fact currently I'm searching half of the functionality requested:

I search an option to backup my OMV settings, but less for restoring them. It's more for having them available (e.g. as txt or pdf) for a easy restore in case of new installation.

Reason: it happens that I make a new installation from scratch. especially if there is a major update, either from Debian or from OMV. Or I set up a similiar system for a friend. And then I would like to have an overview of the settings I've done just as an guideline to not forget anything.

In fact, for me it would be sufficient to have a file containing the settings performed in the Web-UI

Does something exist? Or are the settings distributed among a lot of different files and folders?

• You can keep a copy of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml for reference.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!