Unofficial Plugin Repo for 0.5 Sardaukar, 1.0 Kralizec, 2.0 Stoneburner, 3.0 Erasmus, 4.0 Arrakis

• Offizieller Beitrag

Two issues with the letsencrypt plugin.

1. It is not possible to report any issue on github for this plugin. Please enable the issue feature for this repo.
    2. The Debian package 'certbot' is not available in the omv-extras package repositiories. I have enabled the stable and testing repo, but both do not contain it. The omv-extras package repository MUST contain these packages and all dependencies like python-certbot, ...

1 - Thanks. Not sure why they were disabled :)

2 - I don't use this plugin but certbot is in the jessie-backports repo. I guess most letsencrypt users use the backports kernel? I would file an issue. There are almost 30 packages that install with certbot and I won't be the one maintaining those in the omv-extras repo. Someone else can if they want :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

1 - Thanks. Not sure why they were disabled :)
    2 - I don't use this plugin but certbot is in the jessie-backports repo. I guess most letsencrypt users use the backports kernel? I would file an issue. There are almost 30 packages that install with certbot and I won't be the one maintaining those in the omv-extras repo. Someone else can if they want :)

30 packages... Argghhh. That is a huge number. This is not maintainable via the official mv-extras repo due the fact that most of the packages are not platform/architecture independent.
    But in this case i would suggest to add the Debian Jessie backport repository to the list of repositories that can be switched on/off.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What about https://github.com/lukas2511/dehydrated
    It doesn't depend in certbot.

The plugin didn't depend on certbot before. I'm not sure what motivated the change. Maybe @luxflow can answer that?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• The plugin previously didn't depend on certbot
    but it used certbot that is cloned from https://github.com/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.git
    (it seems this git repo is renamed as certbot)
    Debian package version is 100% compatible with git version without any modification in omv-letsencrpyt plugin
    I thought it would be better to use debian package rather than manual clone from git, so I changed it

For backport repo, I didn't know fact that backport repo is not automatically added after installing omv-extras plugin
    So it is my mistake
    IMHO, either package is in backport repo or non-backport repo, using official debian packages are better idea then using other extras repo, or git following reason
    1. both backport and non-backport are official debian repo, thus they are well managed
    2. if package are in both backport and non-backport, by default non-backport one is installed
    so no need to worry about breaking things that previously work well
    So I think backport repo should be enabled by default without installing backport kernel
    @ryecoaaron what do you think about it?

For changing other letsencrypt client, I'm not sure what is best way
    I'm not sure how many platform certbot is dependent on
    but I think it depends on most platform (arm,x86,mips) because most of python package (if this is wrong please correct me)
    If 30 packages are too many, using this one is good idea (actually it is debian package for git link that @nasty_vibrations point to) although someone have to edit command according to new package in omv-letsencrypt

OMV3 on Proxmox
    Intel E3-1245 v5 | 32GB ECC RAM | 4x3TB RAID10 HDD
    omv-zfs | omv-nginx | omv-letsencrypt | omv-openvpn
    Click link for more details

• Offizieller Beitrag

So I think backport repo should be enabled by default without installing backport kernel
    @ryecoaaron what do you think about it?

I don't have a problem with that since the pinning is lower than the standard repo. Will have to run a few tests.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Enabling the backports repo all the time causes the firmware packages to upgraded to jessie-backports. certbot still won't install with apt-get install certbot unless you pin all the packages it needs. Obviously, apt-get -t jessie-backports install certbot works but the plugin can't do that.

• certbot still won't install with apt-get install certbot unless you pin all the packages it needs.

As I know, pinning package should be done before installing plugin, so it should be handled like this right?
    https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ault/mkconf/omvextras#L65
    If so, it looks bad, so I think changing certbot to letsencrypt.sh is better idea

For backport repo, Is there way drop pininning priority for firmware? or Is there way to use backport repo without install backport kernel? I'm sorry but I have no idea how it should be handled, do you have any idea?

I'm also planning to use dkms-zfs which is in backport repo for omv-zfs plugin
    so backport repo problem should be handled anyway

OMV3 on Proxmox
    Intel E3-1245 v5 | 32GB ECC RAM | 4x3TB RAID10 HDD
    omv-zfs | omv-nginx | omv-letsencrypt | omv-openvpn
    Click link for more details

• Offizieller Beitrag

As I know, pinning package should be done before installing plugin, so it should be handled like this right?

Yep. It is just that I have to pin 30 packages for it to install. I wasn't sure if all of those packages should be pinned on every system.

For backport repo, Is there way drop pininning priority for firmware?

This was my mistake. It is because I added non-free. So, it is actually just installing addition firmware. So, I don't think this is a problem.

Is there way to use backport repo without install backport kernel?

Yes. omv-extras will enable it but the backport kernel will be installed only when button in omv-extras is clicked.

I'm sorry but I have no idea how it should be handled, do you have any idea?

I am still doing some testing but I think it should be ok to enable the backports repo all the time and pin the packages needed for certbot.

If someone sees an issue with the following packages being used from backports, let me know:

Code
    python-acme python-certbot python-cffi-backend python-chardet python-configargparse python-configobj
      python-cryptography python-dialog python-enum34 python-funcsigs python-idna python-ipaddress python-mock
      python-ndg-httpsclient python-openssl python-parsedatetime python-pbr python-pkg-resources python-psutil
      python-pyasn1 python-requests python-rfc3339 python-setuptools python-six python-tz python-urllib3
      python-zope.component python-zope.event python-zope.interface

• I am still doing some testing but I think it should be ok to enable the backports repo all the time and pin the packages needed for certbot.
    If someone sees an issue with the following packages being used from backports, let me know:

Code
    python-acme python-certbot python-cffi-backend python-chardet python-configargparse python-configobj
      python-cryptography python-dialog python-enum34 python-funcsigs python-idna python-ipaddress python-mock
      python-ndg-httpsclient python-openssl python-parsedatetime python-pbr python-pkg-resources python-psutil
      python-pyasn1 python-requests python-rfc3339 python-setuptools python-six python-tz python-urllib3
      python-zope.component python-zope.event python-zope.interface

Hello,
    About that, I've just a fresh install of OMV3 (3.0.47) with the latest OMV-Extras repo (3.4.1) and I'm unable to install openmediavault-couchpotato 3.2.2.
    "The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault-couchpotato : Depends: python-openssl but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages."

If I manually install python-openssl and try to install omv-couchpotato plugin again, here is the obtained message:
    "The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault-couchpotato : Depends: python-cffi but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages."

Thank you for your help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Disable the backports repo in the repo list and see if that fixes it.

apt-get install -t jessie-backports openmediavault-couchpotato works as well.

• I tried, but I still have this error:
    E: The value 'jessie-backports' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a release is not available in the sources

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Blabla ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried, but I still have this error:
    E: The value 'jessie-backports' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a release is not available in the sources

You probably don't have the backports repo enabled. Did you install the latest omv-extras? It fixes all of this.

• My bad, i disabled them, as I read in the last post :(
    With the backports enabled, if I install couchpotato I have this warning:
    WARNING: The function 'omv_config_add_element' is deprecated.

And if I try to enable it, the yellow bar that ask to save the changes will keep appear every time even if I select apply.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

WARNING: The function 'omv_config_add_element' is deprecated.

This is a warning. It is not causing any problems.

And if I try to enable it, the yellow bar that ask to save the changes will keep appear every time even if I select apply.

Can't really help with this since I don't use the plugin but you probably need to pick the fork or whatever it is called.

• I searched a guide and I managed to install it, tomorrow I'll try to make it works with sonarr :)
    I never used a PVR :(
    Also I saw sickbeard, but it doesn't support torrents really well for what I read. There is any plan to create a plugin for sickrage?

• There is any plan to create a plugin for sickrage?

Uh, the sickbeard already supports the sickrage fork. Just install the sickbeard plugin and Chose it from the forks tab.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Guys why when I try to install sonarr, I have an error telling me that i need to have omv 3.0.13, but since i have 3.0.50 I can't install it?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Blabla ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!