Shut Down or Restart Hangs after updating from 4.1.14 to 4.1.16 (4.1.17)

• Not sure what happened, but after I updated 2 days ago, my server just hangs when I restart it or shut it down.

No setting were changed beside the update.

It work only by forced shut down via button or cutting the power off.

I also get this now every time I want to install anything

Code
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7fbcd38947b8>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Thank you for the help

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can ignore the weakref error. There are many posts in the forum regarding this.

To remove it:

wget-O /usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py https://raw.githubusercontent.com/python/cpython/9cd7e17640a49635d1c1f8c2989578a8fc2c1de6/Lib/weakref.py

Just tried: my server (updated to latest OMV) shuts down as expected.

Any hint in your syslog?

• Fixed the python error.

To be honest the only error that I think it may affect the system is the fact the an external drive failed not sure if the drive failed or the hdd rack failed, but now I am stuck with a mounted folder in the file system that is missing.

My syslog keeps printing

monit[923]: 'mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Depozit' status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Depozit is not a mountpoint

Problem is I have no idea how to remove this, I can't do it from the admin panel, and on ssh no luck so far. Been googling all morning, could not find a way to do it yet.

To be honest not sure if this is what hangs the system, as before the update the drive already failed on me but was still able to shutdown with no problems, after I updated something did not work anymore.

// Edit

Ok I managed to remove this mount from the list, it was referenced in a few places.

yep after cleaning up updating again nothing it still hangs... darn it

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!