I hope this is the right place to post the issue I'm having.
- a Windows 10 PC connected through a wireless connection to my Router
- a self-build NAS with OMV, directly connected through a cable to my Router
The problem I've been having since I first installed OMV 1 year ago is that everytime I start moving a large quantity of files from my main computer to the NAS for a backup, the wireless connection on my PC randomly drops. It may happen soon after I start or after many minutes. Sometimes it even does not happen at all and I'm able to complete the task without any issue.
Specifically, when it happens, my PC loses it's wifi connection and I have to manually disconnect from the network and reconnect to make it work again.
I though it may be an issue of my PC but it only happens when I'm transferring files to OMV so there must be some kind of relation?
A few things I've tried/done in the last few months without resolving the issue:
- connected the NAS to my PC directly through a cable
- changed the wireless card on my PC with a better one (now an Asus PCE-AC68)
- changed the network card on my NAS with a better one (from a Realtek RTL8111F to an Intel 82574L)
- changed Router/Modem
- formatted my PC and changed a few components
What do you think?
Is there something obvious I may have overlooked?
Thank you for any hints!
(let me add that I'm quite experienced with windows PC but I'm really a noob with Linux)