OMV DOCKER EMBY problem with VAAPI

• Hi,

I have this problem all the time.
    In Ubuntu I do not have this problem (attached at the bottom of the "vainfo" from ubuntu)
    Under Debian, "vainfo" can not see the graphics card.
    The processor is intel i5-8600k.

Zitat
  • I was able to install the appropriate packages to run the VA-API on OMV 4.0 and on the intel i5-8600k processor.

But Transcoding to Emby still does not work.

• I had a thread open at the emby forums for a similar reason. Luke mentioned hardware accelerated encoding isn't supported yet for docker and for support I should install their deb. Did that and got annoyed cause I remembered emby runs under an emby user and when switching to docker I changed all permissions to another user. Nothing more annoying for me than to look up all folders and change permissions. Frustrated I tried the docker version again and VAAPI was working. No idea what happened... just two reboots and that install of the deb (that I purged again).
    The situation before, vainfo looked good. I was able to use VAAPI inside docker when I manually typed the command in a cli. So it was working. Emby just didn't use it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!