Failed Docker installation on a fresh OMV 4

• Looks like the docker repo isn't enabled. What is the output of apt-get update

• Joining the problem my self. Tried on a PC and XU4 and on both I have the same problem. At first I thought is my new XU4 but did a fresn install on the PC and have the same problem. Not sure but can be one of the new updates on the OS ( on update menagement) as this problem is related only to docker , everything else working normal.

For now ( first setup)
    Gygabite G1 Sniper mobo
    Intel I7 960 quad core
    Asus AMD R5 230 video card
    10Gtek® Intel 82576 Chip Gigabit Ethernet Converged Network Adapter (NIC), Dual RJ45 Copper Ports, PCI Express 2.0 X 1
    12GB DDR3 @1600
    32GB SSD for OMV system
    2 x 3TB 3.5" HDD
    1 X 1TB 2.5" HDD
    Corsair case and Zetec 650W PSU

Runing latest versio ( stable )

• Finally working........with help from other users on a different thread

The steps worked for me
    1. Add 1.1.1.1 to DNS in network interface

2. Make sure plugin is not instaled , if it is just uninstall and refresh your browser ( and clear cache)

apt-get purge docker-ce

dpkg -l | grep openm

and make sure no docker-gui listed

5. If docker-gui still on the output file

rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-docker-gui.postrm

and then

apt-get purge openmediavault-docker-gui

Check again that docker-gui is gone

6. After no docker-gui on the output use

7. Enable docker on web-gui/omv-extras

apt-get install docker-ce

9. Now you can install the plugin from plugins

Thanks to @ryecoaaron
    Thread Docker fix in case this not working for you or I missed something

For now ( first setup)
    Gygabite G1 Sniper mobo
    Intel I7 960 quad core
    Asus AMD R5 230 video card
    10Gtek® Intel 82576 Chip Gigabit Ethernet Converged Network Adapter (NIC), Dual RJ45 Copper Ports, PCI Express 2.0 X 1
    12GB DDR3 @1600
    32GB SSD for OMV system
    2 x 3TB 3.5" HDD
    1 X 1TB 2.5" HDD
    Corsair case and Zetec 650W PSU

Runing latest versio ( stable )

• THANK YOU :) !! Worked !!

• On a fresh installation, installing the plugin from the web interface does fail although it is easily fixed by apt-get -f install and answer yes to the replace /etc/default/docker question. Installing docker-ce first is a bad idea because you might install a version of docker too new for the plugin and a downgrade might go badly.

When I enter the command it never goes that far it stops at:

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~# apt-get -f install
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
    root@raspberrypi:~#

Rsync makes true backup and restoration stupid easy, and it's built right in to OMV. Use this command in a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAMEofSOURCEdisk/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAMEofDESTINATIONdisk/
    OMV Version: Ver. 5 (current) - Hardware: NanoPi M4, running Nextcloud, Plex, & Heimdall - Acer Aspire T180, running backup - Odroid XU4, running Pi-Hole (DietPi) - Testing/Playing: Odroid HC2, Odroid XU4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Odroid XU4, and HP dx2400.

• Well! It worked for me too...so far.

Rsync makes true backup and restoration stupid easy, and it's built right in to OMV. Use this command in a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAMEofSOURCEdisk/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAMEofDESTINATIONdisk/
    OMV Version: Ver. 5 (current) - Hardware: NanoPi M4, running Nextcloud, Plex, & Heimdall - Acer Aspire T180, running backup - Odroid XU4, running Pi-Hole (DietPi) - Testing/Playing: Odroid HC2, Odroid XU4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Odroid XU4, and HP dx2400.

• I spoke too soon. Everything looks good. No error windows at all. but after I pull the image and build the container - I'm just trying to get Heimdall on a Rpi3 - the Heimdall folder that I point the /config to dosen't populate. I have done this multiple times from scratch and the container simply doesn't do anything.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!