User and group seach

• Hello,

I am new to OMV and have a OMV 4 installation connected to my LDAP database witch has over 1000 users and groups. As such I have a hard time granting permissions on shared folders.
    Is there any plugin or any way (that I'm missing) to search for a specific user or group in the user/group section ou shared folders section?

Thanks
    Pedro

• Is there any plugin or any way (that I'm missing) to search for a specific user or group in the user/group section ou shared folders section?

No but you could use ldapsearch or getent from the command line.

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for your answer.

The intended purpose is for permission grating, using the GUI, I have to scroll down through 1000+ users to find the one specific user I intend to give permissions to, in the users/groups section is even worse as I have to go through 30+ pages.
    Do you know if there are any plans to implement a search? or if I can grant permissions to shared folders in a more users friendly way?

Best regards,
    Pedro

• Do you know if there are any plans to implement a search? or if I can grant permissions to shared folders in a more users friendly wa

No plans that I know of. OMV is really targeted toward home users who would never have 1000s of users/groups/

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!