OMV, UnionFS, Snapraid

• …I discovered last night while trying to move a lot of files around. it appears that although I selected "existing path, most free space" policy, it is only storing information on 1 of the 3 drives. As I got a disk full error during an rsync. When I looked at the filesystem tab, it showed only 1 of the pool drives full, and the other two with barely anything on them.

I believe your choice of "existing path" may have led to one drive receiving the bulk of the data. That said, I absolutely adore trapexit 's work to bring mergefs to life, but my reason to chime in here is to put a spotlight on mergerfs-tools found at: https://github.com/trapexit/mergerfs-tools This has kept my drives balanced. I run them in scheduled jobs. Mine look like this: mergerfs.fsck -f newest /srv/8c24f18f-471f-4cb5-8612-38a4d146f4df/(Audits permissions and ownership of files and directories in a mergerfs mount and allows for manual and automatic fixing of them.) and mergerfs.balance -s 3M -S 17G -e "*aquota*" -e "snapraid*" -e "stignore*" -E "*Users/*" -E "*TimeMachine/*" -E "*DownLoader/*" -E "*DockerBase/*" -E "*stfolder/*" /srv/8c24f18f-471f-4cb5-8612-38a4d146f4df/(Will move files from the most filled drive (percentage wise) to the least filled drive. Will do so till the most and least filled drives come within a user defined percentage range) I just LOVE these tools.

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    ProcessorAMD EPYC 7302P 16-Core Processor
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!