Webmin + virtualmin + omv (Latest stable builds)

• Hi there.
    Need to setup this week a fresh box with webmin, virtualmin and OMV.
    On one hand my client wishes to develop some websites on the box and on the otherhand he wants to store his data on the same box. for this pourpuse he wants to add 3 hard disks. 1 hard disk (1 TB) for web development and 2 x 2TB hd to store his data and be managed by OMV (latsest stable build). So now I have a doubt:

First installing Debian 9 (https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/)
    1. What would be the order to install? Using install.sh (and install the complete webmin/virtualmin) and than OMV or the other way arround?
    2. Will it work correcty webmin/virtualmin/omv?

Does anyone has experiencie with this and can ayone share a tutorial, please? :D
    Hoping to hear from anyone, please
    Cheers,
    Paco

• Offizieller Beitrag

It seems to be a strange setup. Like made for: Extend foot. Shoot self in foot. Reload. Extend second foot...

Split the it up into separate boxes and/or separate Virtual Machines.

1. Workstation
    2. Web-server with Webmin and Virtualmin
    3. NAS/Backup-server with OMV

• Hi @Adoby
    thanks for your comments !
    See that my initial toughts where not well formulated.
    And as @KM0201 also mentioned. Better to set it up seperatly. Will do so, than.
    The idea was to have it running co-exsisting everything in one box. ;(
    Ohwell . thanks for your comments and feedback.
    Cheers,
    Paco

• Running Webmin on OMV is no problem. Virtualmin might get ugly as I think it needs Apache which would conflict with OMV's web server.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!