Help setting up resilio sync docker

• Need to test this on my test system

hi morlan, are you running it as a docker image? if so, it would be great to know if you are getting the same problem. I am not able add any folder on my network.

But when I use resilio windows 10, I am able to use it and sync files. So not sure if it is a docker image issue or something I did wrong in my stack.

• Ok that could be the problem perhaps I need the pro version, although it does work on Win 10 using the free version

I have just upgraded to the Pro version with 14 day trial but I am still getting the same issue. One thought I had regarding my volume:

Code
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Hippo/Music/TestSync:/sync

The Hippo drive is not directly connected to the Pi4 which has the docker image - not sure if this is the reason?

• I think I am getting closer. I have changed the volume as follows:

Code
     - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Hippo:/sync

On the Resilio, I can now add a folder and can get to TestSync subfolder and have linked it with my Android Phone. On my NAS, there are some music files in the TestSync folder but these are not showing up on the Resilio WebUI. In fact, the logs on Resilio state 'Can't find 'TestSync':no such folder in specified location' but ..... it is there???

• Do you have SSH access? Then you could try to go into the container and do a ls /sync inside it. The command to get inside it is docker exec -it CONTAINERNAME /bin/bash - if bash is not available try, /bin/sh instead. Could you also post a screenshot of your volume config, while we're at it?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Do you have SSH access? Then you could try to go into the container and do a ls /sync inside it. The command to get inside it is docker exec -it CONTAINERNAME /bin/bash - if bash is not available try, /bin/sh instead. Could you also post a screenshot of your volume config, while we're at it?

Greetings
    David

Yes I have SSH access. It says no such file or directory re: ls /sync. On the other command I got this message

Code
     $ docker exec -it resilio-sync /bin/bash
    Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket at uni                                         x:///var/run/docker.sock: Get http://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fdocker.sock/v1.40/containers                                         /resilio-sync/json: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied

$ docker exec -it resilio-sync /bin/sh
    Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket at unix:///var/run/docker.sock: Get http://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fdocker.sock/v1.40/containers/resilio-sync/json: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied

Volumes

Host/volumePath in container
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-TESTER/Testing/Resilio/config/config
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-TESTER/Testing/Resilio/downloads/downloads
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Hippo/sync
  • Are you executing the docker exec commands as root? The ls /sync command needs to be executed once you're in the container.

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Only the docker exec -it container /bin/bash needs to be done as root. You then should be inside the container, can you verifiy that? Your shell layout in the beginning will change like that:

For example:

Only when you're at that point you should try for ls /sync. <- Since you're root when you connect to the container you don't need sudo.

If you're inside the container and that command returns file not found, something is wrong with the bind mount and we need to look at the config of your container.

Greetings

David

• Code
      $ sudo docker exec -it resilio-sync /bin/bash
    root@272bf79c0853:/# ls /sync
    Music
    root@272bf79c0853:/# ls /Music
    ls: cannot access '/Music': No such file or directory
    root@272bf79c0853:/#

It seems there is nothing there even on my drive there should be.

• Inside your /sync is the folder Music. So if you want to list the contents you either need to type ls /sync/Music or cd /sync and than do an ls Music without the prefixing / you typed. To put it simply (looking at it from a Windows User perspective): The / is like telling the commandline to look for it the file under C:\Music instead of it beeing in C:\sync\Music ;)

Greetings

David

• Inside your /sync is the folder Music. So if you want to list the contents you either need to type ls /sync/Music or cd /sync and than do an ls Music without the prefixing / you typed. To put it simply (looking at it from a Windows User perspective): The / is like telling the commandline to look for it the file under C:\Music instead of it beeing in C:\sync\Music ;)

Greetings

David

Ok - so the final folder is /TestSync (i.e. /sync/Music/TestSync) and there is nothing in that folder. But on my network drive, I have 2 files which should be showing up in this same folder.

Code
    # ls /sync/Music
    TestSync
    root@272bf79c0853:/# ls /sync/Music/testSync
    ls: cannot access '/sync/Music/testSync': No such file or directory
    root@272bf79c0853:/# ls /sync/Music/TestSync
    root@272bf79c0853:/#
  • To what path is /sync/Music mounted? /sharedfolder/Music? Could you show me an ls -lah of it on the host system and of the subfolder TestSync too?

Greetings

David

• To what path is /sync/Music mounted? /sharedfolder/Music? Could you show me an ls -lah of it on the host system and of the subfolder TestSync too?

Greetings

David

Thanks for your help David but in the end I gave up on Resilio and am now trying to get Syncthing to work. I am going to try and install the syncthing docker this week on OMV. But from what I have seen Syncthing seems more intuitive than Resilio, so hopefully will have no issues.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!