I'm currently setting up OMV on an Odroid HC2.
However I have problems sharing a folder as the devices list doesn't show my drive (or anything).
Does anyone know what OMV is looking for when identifying devices?
For the record, part of the problem might be the drive encryption. I did NOT use the Luks plugin, as Luks uses base64 encoding, that would effectively reduce my 4tb drive to 3tb.
Hence I instead (not in OMV but ssh to Debian)
- gparted the attached hard drive with a single partition,
- installed veracrypt under debian, encrypted the partition and mounted it.
Everything shows in OMV under file systems:
- the sd card partitions with OMV
- sda1 partition is there… not mounted (ok as encrypted)
- veracrypt mount is there, too - as device 'dev/mapper/veracrypt1'… label 'Data' and mounted under /media/veracrypt1
So what do I have to do to get the encrypted partition found as device in shared folders (if file systems clearly sees it)?
Different mount point? Label?
Thanks a lot for you help