notification-mails from system are send to incorrect recipient

• Hi together, sorry, my english is bad.

In Notification / Settings I write the recipients Primary email: mail@[mydomain] and Secondary email: info@[mydomain].
    Test emails arrives the recipients correctly.

But notification-mails sends the system to admin@[myhostname].localdomain. It's consequential, the mails can not be delivered.

How can I fix it?

Regards, Penni d:-)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Which service is sending this emails to admin? This user should never receive any email because this user is only used to login to the UI, nothing more. Because of that there is no rule that redirects emails to a real address. If you mail to user root for example they are redirected to your primary address.

I assume a plug-in does not handle this correct.

• In the email header I found:
    < Received: by backup.localdomain (Postfix, from userid 999)("backup" is [myhostname])In the test-mail header it is< Received: by openmediavault.localdomain (Postfix, from userid 0)I have 2 systems. The seconds hostname is NASIn the syslog I find

([mydomain] I changed)

Thet's what I know in the moment.

• Which service is sending this emails to admin? This user should never receive any email because this user is only used to login to the UI, nothing more. Because of that there is no rule that redirects emails to a real address. If you mail to user root for example they are redirected to your primary address

Code
    Mar  7 10:57:36 backup postfix/smtp[3619]: 2DF178C047C: to=<admin@backup.localdomain>, orig_to=<admin>, relay=smtp.udag.de[62.146.106.15]:587, delay=508, delays=507/0.01/0.4/0.13, dsn=4.1.2, status=deferred (host smtp.udag.de[62.146.106.15] said: 450 4.1.2 <admin@backup.localdomain>: Recipient address rejected: Domain not found (in reply to RCPT TO command))

I assume a plug-in does not handle this correct.

all I have installed are:
    - openmediavault-shellinabox 3.4
    - openmediavault-usbbackup 4.0.8-1
    - openmediavault-snapraid 3.7.3
    - openmediavault-unionfilesystem 4.0.2
    - openmediavault-locate 3.4
    - openmediavault-omvextrasorg 4.1.15
    - openmediavault-resetperms 3.3
    - openmediavault-clamav 4.1.9

The mails, what are send to admin, are:
    "Dear admin, your user account was used to log in to backup.local (192.168.0.31) via a web browser.[blablabla]"
    I think, this comes not from one of the plugins.

Penni d:-)

• What's the content of /etc/postfix/recipient_canonical?

the complete content ([mydomain] I changed):

Code
    root mail@[mydomain]
    penni omv_backup@[mydomain]
    @backup.local mail@[mydomain]

All 3 adresses goes right to my domain.

• I empty the box with the domainname
    now output is

Code
    "domainname": "",
    "hostname": "openmediavault"

...wait...
    ...wait...
    ...wait...

OK. I logged in from a different IP. The login notification mail arrives me correctly to mail@[mydomain].
    I think, the right tip was, to empty the box with the domainname.

Thank you verry much!

Penni d: -)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!