Windows 10 Build 1809 und OMV Shares sind in der Netzwerkumgebung verfügbar.

• Hallo liebes Board,

Ich weiss nicht ob es interessant ist, aber viele Beiträge drehen sich um das Thema OMV Shares, die nicht mehr in der Netzwerkumgebung von Windows 10 sichtbar sind. Ich habe gestern einen neues Laptop in Betrieb genommen und ein Windows Build 1809 installiert. Wie zu erwarten war, konnte ich auf die Shares zugreifen, aber in der Netzwerkumgebung waren sie nicht zu sehen.

Ich habe zu diesem Zeitpunkt weder etwas beim OMV noch bei Windows verändert. Seltsamerweise war die Synology sofort vorhanden und in der Netzwerkumgebung zu sehen. Auf die Shares des OMV konnte ich bis dato nur per Netzlaufwerk verbinden und dann mit \\<server>\sharename\ zugreifen.

Nach einigen Recherchen habe ich gesehen, das die Synology einen eigenen WS-Discovery Service verwendet, damit die Shares dieses NAS in der Netzwerkumgebung von Windows 10 auftauchen. Das wollte ich jetzt für die OMV auch.

Siehe da so etwas gibt es schon und es ist gar nicht schwer zu installieren.

Wer also in Zukunft seine Shares wieder in der Netzwerkumgebung sehen will ohne in Windows 10 den SMB 1.0/CIFS Support einzuschalten (wovon ich abrate, der wird über kurz oder lang ganz verschwinden), dem sei dieser kleine Helfer dringend empfohlen.

Ich habe ihn installiert und als Service enabled und voila die OMV Shares waren in der Netzwerkumgebung sichtbar. Der Helfer heisst wsdd und ist hier zu finden https://github.com/christgau/wsdd

Ich hoffe damit geholfen zu haben, wer Hilfe bei der Installation brauchen sollte, der hinterlässt eine Nachricht. Vielleicht kann ich ja mit einer kleinen Anleitung helfen. Sollte auch für die OMV 4 funktionieren, teste ich aber erst morgen.

OMV 3.0.99 (ERASMUS). Never change a running system. If you do it anyway, better you have a backup. :D

• Hi PWallura,

danke für den Hint, das funktioniert unter openmediavault 4.1.19-1!

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 194 Mar 5 21:26 /etc/systemd/system/wsdd.service

- snip -
    [Unit]
    Description=Web Services Dynamic Discovery host daemon
    After=network.target

[Service]
    Type=simple
    ExecStart=/usr/bin/wsdd
    User=nobody
    Group=nogroup

[Install]
    WantedBy=multi-user.target
    - snip -

-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody nogroup 24608 Mar 5 21:02 /usr/bin/wsdd

- snip -
    https://raw.githubusercontent.…u/wsdd/master/src/wsdd.py
    - snip -

Schönen Abend

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could you please make this optional (enabled by default but with a checkmark to turn off)? I don't want my shares to be advertised via WSD.

systemctl mask wsdd should do what you want if he doesn't add the code.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

@flmaxey

FYI
    I know you can use google translate :D

Google's German is far better than mine. About all I can do is read a menu, without too many surprises. :)

I saw the first post yesterday, and plan to test it. (Along with, potentially, blocking the multicast port used on outbound traffic at the router.)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could you please make this optional (enabled by default but with a checkmark to turn off)? I don't want my shares to be advertised via WSD.

you all know that I hate checkboxes to enable or disable essential features. Announcing services is fundamental for a NAS and to make it users easy to use SMB shares in Windows.
    So I sadly had to say that this feature request won’t make it into the UI.

Thanks for the hint, the Zeroconf configuration will be thrown out in OMV5 because of the reasons above. :)

• Announcing services is fundamental for a NAS and to make it users easy to use SMB shares in Windows.So I sadly had to say that this feature request won’t make it into the UI.

As long as I can disable it via SSH I'm okay with it.
    I agree that it should be enabled by default.
    However imagine a household:
    Around 15 Windows devices (PCs and Laptops) in our household. My shares however should only show up on my devices, not on the others (only confuses them, imagine DAUs). No big deal, let's just delete the WSD device on the other computers, right? Nope, Windows is stubborn and at the latest with the newest Feature Upgrade the device once again shows up... Essentially I'd have to endlessly remove and remove with that many devices...

you all know that I hate checkboxes to enable or disable essential features

I'm new here :D

• I've packaged the tool for Debian, see https://github.com/openmediavault/wsdd. It will be included in openmediavault 4.1.20, see https://github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/pull/316.

Hi votdev,

i was pretty happy as i have seen that wsdd was included in omv (have used an self implemented binary) but i have some problems with the implementation.

it is working if you restart wsdd when pc is on, but after i have restarted my pc, omv isn't showing up in network neighborhood...

have taken some logs:

restarted PC - no omw in network neighborhood - restarted service omv shown up in network - restarted PC at 22:54 and after restart omv isn't in network again...

thx for your great work anyway!

• Could you please report your experience here: github.com/christgau/wsdd/issues. Maybe the upstream developer can help

Hmm... just looked through the closed issues and spotted https://github.com/christgau/w…/6#issuecomment-471161143 resulting in https://github.com/christgau/w…70e2e35fcb1209ed9e55ededf which seems not part of the packaged version in OMV?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hmm... just looked through the closed issues and spotted https://github.com/christgau/w…/6#issuecomment-471161143 resulting in https://github.com/christgau/w…70e2e35fcb1209ed9e55ededf which seems not part of the packaged version in OMV?

Yes, that might be the reason. But the Debian packages by myself uses a different systemd unit file finally, so this needs to be adapted.

• But the Debian packages by myself uses a different systemd unit file finally, so this needs to be adapted

Ok, I already thought about whether it would make some sense to skip a systemd unit file and to start/stop the wdds daemon from within OMV together with Samba?

Edit: please forget about it, makes no sense at all since OMV simply adjusts the underlying Debian mechanisms accordingly.

• I had to recap the post from SadButTrue. So the problem seems to be that Windows does not see OMV anymore after rebooting the Windows PC, right? I'm asking because i can not see a starting problem of the daemon after rebooting the OMV system.

thats correct daemon is starting and running all the time...

if you restart a windows 10 client pc it doesn't find omv anymore - if you restart the wsdd daemon it is working again - as long as you won't restart your windows 10 pc...

@votdev is there a specific reason why you have chosen the py wsdd? - im asking because i'm using a netgear wsdd2&llmnr implementation (from ReadyNASOS) with gpl3 which works robust and flawless (ok yes it needs cross compiling for other platforms but this should work also as it is used by openwrt)

• Offizieller Beitrag

if you restart a windows 10 client pc it doesn't find omv anymore - if you restart the wsdd daemon it is working again - as long as you won't restart your windows 10 pc...

In that case please open a bug report in the the upstream wsdd GIT repository.

@votdev is there a specific reason why you have chosen the py wsdd?

I've choosen the Python implementation because i don't want to compile packages for different platforms. I don't want to be a package maintainer for other projects. Another reason was that the implementation sends metadata that is not correct if you run the daemon on a different system than a ReadyNAS.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can anyone tell me how i can force this f**king Windows to forget non-existing network computers from the network view in Explorer. Oh my goodness, this system is so damn, thx that i have not to use it since ages now, otherwise i surely would have grey hairs.

P.S.: The update management is the absolute burner on Windows.. Don't power of, installing updates... during shutdown and bootup. Great system, thumbs up.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!