PSA for those using Docker and Emby

• https://emby.media/community/i…deleted-all-of-my-movies/

It seems to be a pretty remote scenario.. and they've pushed a beta fix, but if you only updated to stable, I don't think it's been pushed to stable yet.

It's a long thread, but a good read and will hopefully reinforce that:

1. RAID is not a backup!

2. How important backups are.

• LOL... while funny.... Plex has had similar issues in the past, so they're not immune to it (although I don't think Plex ever deleted an entire Library, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had).

I'm guessing with 19tb of data and being a life member, he's probably been using Emby for quite some time. There's just no excuse for him that in all that time he didn't consider the need for a true backup scenario.

• Plex has had similar issues in the past, so they're not immune to it (although I don't think Plex ever deleted an entire Library, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had).

Any idea when this was or can you provide a link?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

• Thanks for the link. I didn't see anything that positively identifies the problem though.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

• IIRC, it was restarted in a support subforum and troubleshooting was done there. I don't recall the exact cause of the issue. I don't use Plex (or Emby for that matter) but someone on another forum had posted Plex deleted all their stuff when I Google'd, that thread came up.

Edit: Link to when this happened with the old OMV plugin Disaster - all data lost

BACKUP YOUR DATA FOLKS!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!