x86 openmediavault?

• Hi all, I know that this is a bit weird question but there is a chance to have a 32bit upgraded installation of openmediavault? I know that it is not officially released but can anyone help me to build it please? I have a bit old hardware but it still working well and if there is a way to avoid to buy another old hardware just to upgrde to 64bit architecture I want to take it in consideration. Thank you! :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

is possible to upgrade from 3.0.99 Erasmus without reinstalling from scratch?

Yes.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ...interesting. I tried just a simple "dist-upgrade" and system told me "the following packages will be removed: openmediavault openmediavault-clamav openmediavault-usbbackup proftpd-mod-vroot". After that I will jump to openmediavault 4.X or I just face a big mess?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried just a simple "dist-upgrade" and system told me "the following packages will be removed: openmediavault openmediavault-clamav openmediavault-usbbackup proftpd-mod-vroot". After that I will jump to openmediavault 4.X or I just face a big mess?

dist-upgrade won't upgrade to OMV 4.x. You need to use omv-release-upgrade.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I tried to install Debian 10 (it is impossible to find the version 9!) and I successfully installed OMV 5 on it. I tried first to install OMV 4.x but without success, it is possible to do this or I am just dreaming?

• Offizieller Beitrag

• cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/

LOL, thanks!

But, it is possible to install OMV4.x on Debian10? I tried it, but I have got many errors during installation like "monit is not installed and it is impossible to install (something like that)" and an error, always during install of OMV4, about a missing component of php.

• Offizieller Beitrag

it is possible to install OMV4.x on Debian10?

Nope.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin about virtualization with VirtualBox is fully working?

It works for me.

• Ok, I did a successfully install of Debian9 + OMV4.1.x but it taked me a long time because a weird thing happened. When I tried to install Debian withou a GUI the system at first boot hanged because it did not find init and it put me on the init command line. With a minimal installation of Debian with a GUI (uninstalling it after a successfully install and boot) all was fine... Anyone have an explaination about this?
    Anyway, how can I disable all power management through command line? When I am copying some files, at certain moments, the system still works but the disks stop working. Seems like Debian starts some kind of sleep (even monitor goes black). Any suggestions? I start saw this behavior even on Debian8 after an update.
    Big thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!