Let's Encrypt docker error - nginx: [warn]...

• Hi,

I have the Let's Encrypt container running and have set up reverse proxies for OMV GUI, Transmission, Sonarr, and Radarr. For now, my OMV GUI and Transmission reverse proxies are working but not for Sonarr and Radarr. The error I am getting when I go to the subdomain is: 502 Bad Gateway - nginx/1.14.2

When I run docker logs -f letsencrypt, I get the following:

Code
    Certificate exists; parameters unchanged; starting nginx                                                                                                                                                           
    [cont-init.d] 50-config: exited 0.                                                                                                                                                                                 
    [cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...                                                                                                                                                                      
    [custom-init] no custom scripts found exiting...                                                                                                                                                                   
    [cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.                                                                                                                                                                         
    [cont-init.d] done.                                                                                                                                                                                                
    [services.d] starting services                                                                                                                                                                                     
    [services.d] done.                                                                                                                                                                                                 
    nginx: [warn] could not build optimal proxy_headers_hash, you should increase either proxy_headers_hash_max_size: 512 or proxy_headers_hash_bucket_size: 64; ignoring proxy_headers_hash_bucket_size               
    Server ready

I am a noob at Linux and am still finding my way around. I found some suggestions online that I should increase proxy_headers_hash_max_size or proxy_headers_hash_bucket_size so I tried inserting the lines into the nginx.conf file in the Let's Encrypt container but it didn't work. I then tried doing the same to proxy.conf in the container but it also didn't work. The line I inserted is something like proxy_headers_hash_max_size 512.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

PS: for what it is worth, because I forgot to set up mergerfs properly when I did my first install of OMV, I had to reinstall everything and transfer my files (including config files for the containers) from one local disk to the merged disk pool. I do not think this is the reason why I am getting this error since my reverse proxies for OMV GUI and Transmission are working but just putting it here for completeness.

• I've seen this 502 error. Normally signals that the nginx server can't find the URL used for the reverse proxy.

Could you post your Sonarr and Radarr reverse proxy configs?

Let us know also if you are running these services using docker or directly installed on the machine.

Got to your post looking on the web for the same "bucket size" error. Haven't found anything on it but despite the error, all my reverse proxies are working nice.

NOW:
    Mac mini Late 2012 / macOS Catalina / Docker Desktop for Mac
    Intel Core i7-3615QM CPU @ 2.30GHz - 16GB RAM - 4 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 20 docker containers via docker-compose ;)
    PREVIOUS:
    omv 5.2.1-1 (Usul) - Bevy NUC thanks to TechnoDadLife (NUC5CPYB)
    Celeron N3050 @ 1.60GHz - 8GB RAM - 2 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 21 docker containers via docker-compose :)

• Just tried something.
    And no error this time.

If you are using the linuxserver/letsencrypt image for your container, this image rewrites any config file it stored on the /config directory upon container start. You just need to delete a file inside that directory (no user-edited files) and it rewrites a new copy with default settings on container start.

I got into where I have configured the /config directory from the container and deleted

Code
    /config/nginx/proxy.conf

You have to find where did you configure your /config directory though.

Then upon container restart, a new copy of the file is written. No "bucket size" error again on the container logs for me!

Saw the previous file and this values where added in the new file from the container image:

Code
    proxy_headers_hash_bucket_size 128;
    proxy_headers_hash_max_size 1024;

NOW:
    Intel Core i7-3615QM CPU @ 2.30GHz - 16GB RAM - 4 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 20 docker containers via docker-compose ;)
    PREVIOUS:
    Celeron N3050 @ 1.60GHz - 8GB RAM - 2 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 21 docker containers via docker-compose :)

• Just saw the commit for the change to get rid of the issue with "bucket size"

https://github.com/linuxserver…5835618c21838f4ddc45dd91a

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!