[solved] Communication Failure - No PlugIns listed

• Yes!!! finally at last Plugins is working with .5.14 installed on my armel (GoFlex) device.

I do wish that armel would be better supported in OMV. It works basically great, slow, but it works. Just need a few of the binaries that can't be found in the debian repository to be compiled for armel or at least instructions (for the death, dumb and blind) on how to compile them posted in pool/main.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is the best news I read in a while :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "maihoaomv"

I do wish that armel would be better supported in OMV. It works basically great, slow, but it works. Just need a few of the binaries that can't be found in the debian repository to be compiled for armel or at least instructions (for the death, dumb and blind) on how to compile them posted in pool/main.

I just got my udoo board and I have a pogoplug. Maybe I will create some armel and armhf binaries once I get them running.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Well so much for that. It was working. Had all the plugins listed. After installing clamav it again gets a Communication Failure error. tried rebooting. I'll try a fresh reinstall later using .5.14 to see if that works. but anyway progress has been made. and it looks promising.

did get an error during the install for clamav signatures. see below

)
    Unpacking logrotate (from

• Do you have a plugin list? Then this bug is solved!
    The clamAV-one is another bug, I think ...
    Then you should open a new bug-report on mantis

• Plugins are now showing in the WebGUI as they should be but I was still getting intermittent Communication Failures after installing omv 0.5.15.

This GoFlex only has a single core 1.2gHz arm processor with 128mb ram and no cache (I think) so it's slower that a slug in the dead of winter. I think what the problem may be is that its at the margin of the time out. I changed the timeout variable OMV.HTTPREQUEST_TIMEOUT in the global.inc file from 60000 to 120000, overkill probably, but the Communication Failures seems to have gone away.

This problem, for me anyway, I think is solved. Now there appears to be another problem with installing the extras but I don't think it is related to Communication Failure. I’m still working on that one.

• Volker said:

Zitat

The timeout can be modified via OMV_HTTPREQUEST_TIMEOUT in /etc/default/openmediavault.

so you don't have to set it in the global.inc

The bug is fixed. I'll set this to "solved"

• Hi all!

This error repeated again...

Code
    Version: 0.5.0.24 (Sardaukar)
    Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz
    Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-486
    System time: Fri Nov 29 17:42:51 2013
    Uptime 0 days 13 hours 18 minutes 12 seconds
    Load average 0.08, 0.26, 0.28
    CPU usage 1%
    Memory usage 6% of 1000.61 MiB

I cannot acess to plugin page after installation of the openmediavault-omvextrasorg_0.5.17_all.deb plugin.

I'm login by use SSH and type ps ax |grep apt every 1 sec. Printed results:

Web UI got error after 30 sec. (An error has occured, communication failure).
    The "apt-get --simulate" output on the server disappeared from the output after 75 (!) sec. Because OMV system requires a dedicated HDD, I installed CF card 2Gb. Thus IO operations takes too long time.

I changed max_execution_time to 120:

/var/www/openmediavault/cgi/php.in
    /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini

After each change I ran service apache2 restart and check again.

Also has been changed /etc/default/openmediavault:
    OMV_HTTPREQUEST_TIMEOUT=120 and OMV_HTTPREQUEST_TIMEOUT=120000

The problem remains...

Zitat von "Solo0815"

Edit: could be /var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module/admin/system/plugin/Plugin.js

Brilliant!!! It's not server problem! The Google Chrome Develompment tool, Network tab. - every 1 sec call POST query rpc.php - client communicating with server, but the client shutdown by timeout.

I checked all *.js files in directory /usr/share/javascript/extjs4, contains '30000'. Exclude *-debug and *-dev files I found 3 file:

/usr/share/javascript/extjs4/ext-all-rtl.js
    /usr/share/javascript/extjs4/ext-all.js
    /usr/share/javascript/extjs4/ext.js

I replaced all occurrences of 30000 to 120000. It's works for me!
    Thanks for listening! Sorry for the long post.

• Update OMV to the newest Version please.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I have the same problem, cannot turn on "Extras repo", "Testing repo" and "Backports" under "OMV-Extras", if I save, I have "Communication failure" after a while.
    I tried to edit timeout in /var/www/openmediavault/cgi/php.in, but there's no cgi folder in openmediavault folder. Then tried /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini, but no php5 folder in etc.

This is a fresh install on my RPi4. Raspbian Buster Lite, everything updated before installed OMV with the install script. OMV version 5.2.5-1

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have the same problem, cannot turn on "Extras repo", "Testing repo" and "Backports" under "OMV-Extras", if I save, I have "Communication failure" after a while.
    I tried to edit timeout in /var/www/openmediavault/cgi/php.in, but there's no cgi folder in openmediavault folder. Then tried /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini, but no php5 folder in etc.

You must have a slow SD card because I do this often even on an RPi2. The task will still complete. That said, there is no reason to enable any of those repos on an RPi.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!