unable to install OMV

• When I try to install omv 4.0.9 or a newer version the process stops with error "can not install system". When I take a look at the newly created partitions on the system SSD I see a rather small ext4 partition (less then 1 GB) and an enormously large swap partition.

No matter what I try in partitioning the ssd, the system will simply not install. When I preset the partitions they get erased.

What is the problem here?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is trying to create a swap partition half the size as your system ram. So, you either need larger install media or less ram or use Debian installer.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OK, I got OMV to install on an old PC with only 4GB RAM. But the installer created a swap partition of exact the size of the RAM. Anyways, after the installation was complete I could resize the partitions and boot the SSD in my NAS System.

• @heatblood

if your partition is ext4 then you could reduce the size of it, simply install omv-extra then gParted or simply make a gParted USB key
    and reboot under gParted

with gParted you will be able to reduce the size of your partition.

another way is before the installation; when you boot on the OMV Media installation device
    you could edit the grub and remove the unattended/preseed part, by pressing TAB then lunch the installation
    this will lets you to interact with the D-I (Debian Installer) + install OMV

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!