My OMVNUC Nas

• This is my current build!

Running good for a time now.

Software:

• OMV 4.1.22-1 Arrakis
    • Windows 10 (1809) VM @ VirtualBox plug-in and manual start

• 2GB RAM
      • 2 CPU CORES
      • Bridge Network (to have own IP on the VM from the router via DHCP, easier RDP config with it)

Hardware:

• Bevy NUC (base NUC= NUC5CPYB) (thanks to @TechnoDadLife for the giveaway opportunity!)
    • Updated to latest BIOS from Intel (vPYBSWCEL.86A.0076.2019.0321.1658)
    • 8GB Transcend DDR3L @ 1600Mhz RAM (upgraded from factory 2GB Crucial DDR3L @ 1600Mhz)
    • 1TB Internal Drive Toshiba MQ01ABD1 (root, system)
    • 4TB WD MyBook USB3 External Drive (downloads, media, storage, home folders)
    • 1TB WD My Passport 0820 USB3 External Drive (nothing at this time, experimental drive)
    • 1TB Toshiba Canvio USB3 External Drive (transfer drive, ready-to-remove drive)
    • 2TB Toshiba Canvio USB3 External Drive (macOS backups, VMs, fast temp file moves/organization)

Current docker containers:

• pihole/pihole
    • linuxserver/transmission
    • jaymoulin/jdownloader:0.7.1-amd64 (smaller image than latest)
    • linuxserver/sonarr
    • linuxserver/radarr
    • linuxserver/lidarr
    • linuxserver/tautulli
    • linuxserver/plex
    • linuxserver/beets
    • linuxserver/jackett
    • linuxserver/bazarr
    • oznu/guacamole
    • linuxserver/heimdall
    • linuxserver/resilio
    • linuxserver/duckdns
    • linuxserver/letsencrypt
    • portainer/portainer

NOW:
    Mac mini Late 2012 / macOS Catalina / Docker Desktop for Mac
    Intel Core i7-3615QM CPU @ 2.30GHz - 16GB RAM - 4 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 20 docker containers via docker-compose ;)
    PREVIOUS:
    omv 5.2.1-1 (Usul) - Bevy NUC thanks to TechnoDadLife (NUC5CPYB)
    Celeron N3050 @ 1.60GHz - 8GB RAM - 2 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 21 docker containers via docker-compose :)

8 Mal editiert, zuletzt von djismgaming ()

• Will have to do one. Haven't seen one around I think. I use Apache Guacamole daily from work and mobile on iOS. That way I access the apps through the proxy @ work.

That including linuxserver/letsencrypt so all apps are SSL able through a bought domain which does not get filtered by work proxy and re-certification policies.

NOW:
    Intel Core i7-3615QM CPU @ 2.30GHz - 16GB RAM - 4 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 20 docker containers via docker-compose ;)
    PREVIOUS:
    Celeron N3050 @ 1.60GHz - 8GB RAM - 2 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 21 docker containers via docker-compose :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

ave you written a Guacamole tutorial yet?

I've been using this compose file for a couple of weeks and it works very well - https://github.com/boschkunden…camole-docker-compose.git

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @djsismgaming

I think a guide would be great for the mentally challenged like me, who need to see how things are done step by step!

Yes! I will definitely do it. It is pretty simple to implement. I hope to make it today.

Guacamole's capabilities for remote or local screen and terminal access are really good. It works wonderfully.

I really hope to have the video ready today or tomorrow. Have to get it out.

I estimate really certain that it will be something of q less than 10 minute video. It is simple and the image deployment is short. So less time deploying the container and more enjoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• Thanks @TechnoDadLife for the offer. Please let me know how I did and know that any criticism is completely welcome!!!

Video here:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Let me know :D

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• OMG! Thanks for the support! :D

Let's keep this community growing!

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• I've been using this compose file for a couple of weeks and it works very well - https://github.com/boschkunden…camole-docker-compose.git

I think compose files are actually a great way to keep the configuration of containers and quick edits into how any container works/mounts etc.

I did try them with Portainer as Stacks and they are pretty good!

Thanks for the link!

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• Just as some info for this build, just took this screenshot of the Bevy using glances.

Windows 10 VM not running at the moment mind you. :D

(using Termius SSH client on iOS)

Bilder

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• Better display using Apache Guacamole (with and without docker containers):

Bilder

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• Maybe a little off-topic but another way to display containers:

ctop

Looks nice! Will try it out and add it to the diagnosis arsenal.

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• Looks nice! Will try it out and add it to the diagnosis arsenal.

Really like ctop to specifically look at docker containers behavior. Really good and clean interface!

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• Hello . I am currently in the middle of learning to create my NAS and I have followed almostall the Technodad videos. Today was your passage in my learning. If I can give you some advice, think of beginners like me or I need to look several times. The zooms are very pleasant and your speech rate is too fast. Perhaps you could do this more slowly, especially since I am not English, but French. Understanding and automatically translating youtube will be better. Thank you for your tutorial. I really appreciate it.

• Hello . I am currently in the middle of learning to create my NAS and I have followed almostall the Technodad videos. Today was your passage in my learning. If I can give you some advice, think of beginners like me or I need to look several times. The zooms are very pleasant and your speech rate is too fast. Perhaps you could do this more slowly, especially since I am not English, but French. Understanding and automatically translating youtube will be better. Thank you for your tutorial. I really appreciate it.

Thanks for your kind words!

In the future will definitely make the videos slower and more explained. My excitement for linux/terminal gets the best of me. ;)
    Will work on that for future tutorials/videos.

Also will look into the translation options. THe new YouTube backend is something to be explored. Thanks so much @madameko!

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!